Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
PM rifleman he makes a 1/5 insert and I love mine!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Sorry miss read. I think kawi is the only way to go with a whole assembly but very expinsive. You can always reverse the insert and go back to stock if you want.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
SteveNYC1 said:
Note: I'd like to keep the street equip intact!
When you use the insert from rifleman, what street equip are you losing? Or are you saying you don't want to modify the insert? If you didn't want to modify that part, couldn't you order just that part and have it modded so you don't mess up the stock one?

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Steve, the "Insert mod" is totally reversable to the stock config. None of the components are altered to the point where they won't work properly and reliably back in the stock config...

I think the insert is the way to go simply because there is nothing else to buy, and it leaves the bike 100% visually the same as unmoded. I personally think some of those huge 1/6th custom housings are kinda gawky.

Once you have made the mod, reversing it is about a 5 minute job and requires a phillips head screw driver, reinstalling the insert is also about a 5 minuted job. So if you are stunting, or if you want to sell the bike (and he wants a test drive) you can "demod" the machine with just one tool and a few minutes...

this is only for the 1/5th, I don't make a 1/6th for the ZX-10R, it would require custom cables and a custom housing.

let me know if this answers the questions you have, or if you have more. I'll answer them all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Throttle

TomSVZX10 said:
SDave, could you tell me more about it?? Is it a 1/5 or 1/6 throttle??? Thanks
I am pretty sure that you can set up either way. Just swap out the different cams and away you go.
But just to make sure call Fred at YoYodyne.

I have been using on 2 bikes for about 2 years and I can't live without it.

:badteeth:

Dave

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have the Kawasaki kit throttle. Im very impressed with it its a 60 deg instead of 90 deg. Comes with cables and upper lower case and throttle tube. I think its a great mod with the Kawasaki your paying for the fit and finish and hand make quality. They all do the same thing so depending on your budget you have options.

Cheers,

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
I will say, once you go with a quick turn throttle... you won't go back, I've sold over 300 and not a single person has said they didn't like it or converted it back to stock.

I've actually had guys that bought new machines and have contacted me to see if I make an insert for that machine.

regardless how you do it. do it. the 1/5th is ideal for the street, IMHO 1/5th is the way all stock sport bike throttles should come from the factory. the 1/6th is pretty much a track only item, it's very hard to control on the street from a standing stop... You will over rev, or stall out. I can run any insert I want...

I run a 1/5th in my Tiller

1 - 12 of 12 Posts