Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had my 10r out at the track. It ran a 10.4 @ 134. Not streched or lowered....the air sucked that night (6600 Density Altitude). If I had good air it translates to a 9.7

·
Banned
856 Posts
was it just one pass or did you run all night. any luck with traction? or did the track suck and only make one good pass worth mentioning?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was running low 10.6's all night consistant as could be. I tried a different launching approach and hit 10.4 first try...right as the track was closing.

·
Banned
107 Posts
what were your 60' times?

First time at the track?

Probably just need a little more practice and a better set-up....

Hell, my first night at the strip with my 12R I went 10.70'[email protected]

Next time..... I went 10.50'[email protected]

The time after that.... I went 10.30'[email protected]

Then the next time .... I went [email protected]

The only thing I changed was a 1.25 inch drop, straps, and the way I rode it..... same 175rwhp.... Same weight.... Same gearing (190mph worth lol!!!).... Same map.... Same tire.

I'm sure with more practice I'll be in the 9.90's with my fat 230+ pound ass..... untouched motor...stock arm... no nitrous.

Same way I'm sure with more practice... you'll be doing the same.

Congrats on the 10.4 though!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Rickey Gadson

Jul 2005 Super Street Magazine stuff...

Ricky Gadson ran a 9.05 on his personal ZX-10R (page 77 under 1000 SuperSport)...that mofo is fast. And that's with the stock mudflap and tailights still on it. The only bad thing about the whole article and picture is that his ZX-10R is orange.

So how badass is the ZX10R when Ricky Gadson has one as a personal bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:
So how badass is the ZX10R when Ricky Gadson has one as a personal bike.
It's one of his many race bikes. His "personal" bike is a Mean Streak. How badass must the Mean Streak be if Rickey has one as his personal bike :lol:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
matt sterbator said:
It's one of his many race bikes. His "personal" bike is a Mean Streak. How badass must the Mean Streak be if Rickey has one as his personal bike :lol:
Just quoting the magazine dude.....do you live with him, are you his personal friend? :lol:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Do you know ze dolphin?...

Does zee call you at home?...

DO YOU HAVE A DORSAL FIN?!?!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
By the way.....90% of the time I spend on this board is bashin', havin' fun, findin' out info.....my job (military) keeps me serious, most of the time, anyways :mrgreen:

P.S. The other 10% is me on my occassional stupid rant....no biggy, I get over things quick.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
yeah...I cant beleive youre in the military and you wont go to a July track day...I thought you Military guys were tougher than us mere civilians...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
yeah...I cant beleive youre in the military and you wont go to a July track day...I thought you Military guys were tougher than us mere civilians...
:lol: If my wife wasn't due then I probably would. I'm already in a constant "doghouse" mode with the wifey.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Oh yea...I forgot....my bad... :sad:

but you should say....My wife AND I, are expecting. Sounds like shes gotta sancho but lives at your house. Thats your kid too right?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Oh yea...I forgot....my bad... :sad:

but you should say....My wife AND I, are expecting. Sounds like shes gotta sancho but lives at your house. Thats your kid too right?
Won't know if it's mine until I see it.... j/k :mrgreen:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:postcop:

C'mon DB...Lets try to keep things on topic please.

:1848: :badteeth:

ps:

:postwhore

1 - 19 of 19 Posts