Registered
403 Posts
10.3 @ 141. Mods are:

Lowered 2 inches in the rear
Lowered 1.5 inches in the front
Strapped at the Track
Muzzy Slip On
15T

Bunch of Cosmetic mods, but they do not enhance performance....

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm stock wheelbase...No extensions yet!!! When I hit 9.75s I will get her extended 6 inches!!!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Got a question!! Should I run the seat cowl on or off during runs??? Should I just put the rear seat on? Better dynamics with it on or off?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I just bought a ZX-10 and wonder how you guys manage to get times like these. Seems to me like the bike wants to wheelie too much and the launch must be hard 'cause of the tall first gear. Care to share any trick?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
MrMoto said:
Hi, I just bought a ZX-10 and wonder how you guys manage to get times like these. Seems to me like the bike wants to wheelie too much and the launch must be hard 'cause of the tall first gear. Care to share any trick?

Thanks!
Lower the gear, the bike, and get some seat time and you'll be on your way. :helmet:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Vince10R said:
got out for a second time today.
1.55 60 ft
4.05 330 ft
6.09 1/8
7.869 1000 ft
9.38 @ 147.65
Now that looks better. Did you get her tuned?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
Now that looks better. Did you get her tuned?
Ruthless, I put it on the dyno but a/f was almost right on. Just needed a small change in the mid range. It made 160.1 with the U4. I think the big difference was in the leave technique and the fuel. I watched Norms zx-10 video over and over to get an idea on the way they get these things to leave. I was [email protected] 6500 and going wide open on the leave. Suprisingly it only came up about 6" and drove out. Going to Jason millers seminar on friday hope to make more improvements. I'm still very happy because I only have 11 passes on the 10 now and 13 total on any bike. Vince

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Vince10R said:
Ruthless, I put it on the dyno but a/f was almost right on. Just needed a small change in the mid range. It made 160.1 with the U4. I think the big difference was in the leave technique and the fuel. I watched Norms zx-10 video over and over to get an idea on the way they get these things to leave. I was [email protected] 6500 and going wide open on the leave. Suprisingly it only came up about 6" and drove out. Going to Jason millers seminar on friday hope to make more improvements. I'm still very happy because I only have 11 passes on the 10 now and 13 total on any bike. Vince
I am going to the seminar here soon. Jason is a good guy and you will have a really good time. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I noticed alot of you guys that are lowered in the front have slip-ons. You can't lower it that much when you have some aftermarket systems and ride it on the street that way. The arata I have has alot bigger head pipes and hangs down too low. I was lowered 1" in the front and would scrape a little, so I raised it up and now its lowered 1/2" up front and so far no problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts