Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I sucked big time!!!!! Here are my results of my best run:

60ft: 1.9
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 7.2 @ 111mph
1/4: 10.7 @ 138

I could do nothing right today. My launching sucks big time!!! Boy am I disapointed at myself. The 15T is so hard to launch.....I was hitting Redline before I even could get my feet up to shift to 2nd I would hit the rev limiter and then I would shift to second. This sucks big time....... I am beginning to dread going down the damn track.......... I guess I'll have a Rum and Coke and try to figure out how the hell to launch this damn bike......

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It will come to you young JEDI just give it time.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
Today I sucked big time!!!!! Here are my results of my best run:

60ft: 1.9
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 7.2 @ 111mph
1/4: 10.7 @ 138

I could do nothing right today. My launching sucks big time!!! Boy am I disapointed at myself. The 15T is so hard to launch.....I was hitting Redline before I even could get my feet up to shift to 2nd I would hit the rev limiter and then I would shift to second. This sucks big time....... I am beginning to dread going down the damn track.......... I guess I'll have a Rum and Coke and try to figure out how the hell to launch this damn bike......
bragg..you did better on the 16t....that's why I suggested it in the first place. That is you key for practice. When you get more seat time then move down. I ran all last year on one gear combo only for one reason....I need practice. Don't be dissapointed....stay consistant on one gear until you learn the bike and launch...when get alot better and a stagnant point then move down at that point. This is not only my personal point of view but things I read from Ryan Schnitz about starting high at first then go lower. You started high first and then went immediately to low, so take a breath and maybe get back to the original config. where you got your best time...and practice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bluedevil said:
bragg..you did better on the 16t....that's why I suggested it in the first place. That is you key for practice. When you get more seat time then move down. I ran all last year on one gear combo only for one reason....I need practice. Don't be dissapointed....stay consistant on one gear until you learn the bike and launch...when get alot better and a stagnant point then move down at that point. This is not only my personal point of view but things I read from Ryan Schnitz about starting high at first then go lower. You started high first and then went immediately to low, so take a breath and maybe get back to the original config. where you got your best time...and practice.:thumbsup:

Bloo,

I did the 10.5 @ 141 on the 17T, I never had the 16T!!!! I went straight to the 15T which was a bad move it seems!!!!! The speedo is so far off now it says i'm doing 159mph through the trap and I was only doing 138mph!!! I can't seem to launch this damn bike!! Everything I do it only seems to get worse. I moved up on the Tank. I moved my legs further out....I can't hit WOT because I'm scared to loop her!!!! HELP ME BLOO........RR........WHERE ARE YOU?????:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Ok, Ok....I'm gonna be honest here.......I don't WOT my bike coming off the line because I'm scared i'm gonna loop her......There now you know.....I'm scared to mess up and to end up with the bike on top of me, or worse getting thrown off my bike and it running into the damn wall.......So now you know the truth.....How can I over come this fear Bloo, or RR.......The few times I have tried to go WOT at the line I have put the nose in the air and shut her down......HELP ME.......THANKS....

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hey bragg, I do not drag, well at least for the moment, but isn't the clutch work needed? I prolly would not do a WOT either. You are more experienced in launches than me probably. I just do a launch to get to the first turn.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
Bloo,

I did the 10.5 @ 141 on the 17T, I never had the 16T!!!! I went straight to the 15T which was a bad move it seems!!!!! The speedo is so far off now it says i'm doing 159mph through the trap and I was only doing 138mph!!! I can't seem to launch this damn bike!! Everything I do it only seems to get worse. I moved up on the Tank. I moved my legs further out....I can't hit WOT because I'm scared to loop her!!!! HELP ME BLOO........RR........WHERE ARE YOU?????:eyecrazy:
17t...same thing..don't matter much when starting out. I never had a chance to see what my time would be on a 17t because I went out there with no experiance and a bike that wasn't even lowered. I would suspect though that not only could I get the same times with a 17t but maybe even better because I am so fast down the back stretch...because my 16t/40 requires more control from the start and not an expert at launching.

For me it's being consistant....don't worry about trying differant things each time...watch the Norman Jackson vid..start there and get a consistant stance...then from there it's all practice with throttle and clutch control. Don't worry about getting into the 9s right now. When I gave up on that I did the other things then all of a sudden I was knocking on the door for 9s. I know I am doing things wrong but know with many lauches and experiance on my bike I can make changes with confidence. It just doesn't happen overnight. :headshake:

So, re-evalute...go out to the track as often as you can....and from your back stretch speeds I have seen you will be ok once you get some more practice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
how much do you weigh again and explain to me how your rear suspension is set up. Is the rebound slow/fast, compression hard/soft??????

bragg10r

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I weigh 180 naked....I just wear a jacket, gloves, helmet. No Race pants....My suspension is set for Fast Rebound, and compressin is Soft. Do you have a better way to set it up? I am lowerd 2 inches in the rear, and 1.5 in the front. I strap that bitch til the nose is about 1 inch from the fender. And with all that I still lift like a bitch at WOT in 1st Gear........I will just keep practicing my launches. I will go out everyday and go down a side street and practice WOT take offs. That is the only way I'm going to learn. I guess today was not a good day for me......Oh Well......Can't move up to fast.......Thanks for the comments....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...I have a question. When everyone is talking about clutch control, are we talking about not letting the clutch out all the way??? I always let the clutch out all the way, I guess i'm not slipping my clutch which is way i'm wheelie prone at WOT.. So if i launch at 4,000 rpm i should only let the clutch out until she grabs once she grabs go WOT and limit the amount of clutch that I let out? Once I start moving and get to redline then shift to 2nd Gear and WOT and from there WOT until the finish line???

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Over 15 years.....This is the first bike i've drag raced. So if your being a smartass, STAY OFF MY DAMN POST....I don't need morons like you coming on here and talking shit. I am here for advice not smart ass comments......

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i'm gonna extened my bike and get an airshifter.....buck this damn trying to make nines with a stock wheelbase......I have other 10R's at the track running 8's with extended Arms and air shifters...I'll just let my feet hang and pop away!!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
Over 15 years.....This is the first bike i've drag raced. So if your being a smartass, STAY OFF MY DAMN POST....I don't need morons like you coming on here and talking shit. I am here for advice not smart ass comments......
Well…think of it in 2 extremes first….what happens if you go wide open throttle and let the clutch go completely….you flip right?

Then think of it if you go wide open throttle but hold the clutch in…the bike doesn’t go right?

Now what happens if you go from the clutch just holding the bike still at your RPM from launch but doesn’t move (but will if you release the clutch anymore or go higher RPM) and you go WOT? It will still go forward from the higher engine speed and more friction on the clutch plates. How you control that awesome combo of engine speed and clutch friction (slipping) is where the practice comes in….maybe the others can give a better comparo…but that’s where the practice comes in for me..to find that fine line in launching by controlling the clutch friction(sliping) but staying as close as possible to the ground. The other little tricks will come later. :wink:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see the light!!!!!! So....Let me try to get this......I can go WOT with the clutch just lighty engaged; slowly letting out on the clutch while the bike is moving at a high rate of speed, Letting more of the clutch out when I really start moving, controling the bike so it does not go nose up!!! thus getting me some good times....I need to practice this. Thanks Blue Devil......Again you have answered my questions without fail.....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the throttle is really my clutch!!!!! Ok, i'm beginning to understand the principle here!!!! So it looks like I should be prepared to buy alot of clutches.... So even if i am at WOT I will only go when i engage the clutch, and not fully, just enough to get the bike rolling at a high rate of speed, then be prepared to shift into second gear and so on......Bloo, you are the Man...I will practice this week,,,,,, and when I hit 9's i'm gonna come give you a big kiss!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
:dontknow:
bragg10r said:
So the throttle is really my clutch!!!!! Ok, i'm beginning to understand the principle here!!!! So it looks like I should be prepared to buy alot of clutches.... So even if i am at WOT I will only go when i engage the clutch, and not fully, just enough to get the bike rolling at a high rate of speed, then be prepared to shift into second gear and so on......Bloo, you are the Man...I will practice this week,,,,,, and when I hit 9's i'm gonna come give you a big kiss!!!!!!1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts