Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just got back from the track....My best run was?

60ft: 1.82
330ft: 4.63
1/8: 6.8 @ 112.47mph
1/4: 10.34 @ 141.29mph

I think I need my oil changed, seems my gears were sticking!!!!! I was shifting at 12,500rpm and It seemed not to want to go into gear as well as it does other times....

Bragg

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bragg10r said:

I think I need my oil changed, seems my gears were sticking!!!!! I was shifting at 12,500rpm and It seemed not to want to go into gear as well as it does other times....

Bragg
May be time for a new clutch.:idea:

·
Registered
269 Posts
not bad times ... 141 trap is good numbers

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it may be time for a new clutch!!! Anyone got any ideas on the kind I should get??? Is the OEM the best way to go or should I get an aftermarket one???

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bragg10r said:
Yes it may be time for a new clutch!!! Anyone got any ideas on the kind I should get??? Is the OEM the best way to go or should I get an aftermarket one???
OEM is what I have and thats what I recommend, get with Dwayne at Cycle Concepts (site sponsor) and he will hook you up with what you need. I'm ordering a set of fibers this week.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The clutch might be ok….this happens to my bike down the ¼ at times from day 1, you just never know when it’s going to happen, and have heard it happening to other 10s as well. There is a good thread on soaking the clutches fibers overnight…haven’t tried it yet but it’s on the “to do list” to see if it helps.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/search.php?searchid=239834

Anyway…good times. :thumbsup: …seems the practicing is paying off…good deal.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey Bragg, I looked for you at Freaky Friday. I don't remember seeing your bike. Did you go?? There was a guy on a blue 10R. He was doing his thing but seemed to not have his launch completely mastered. There was also a guy on a black 10r and he was prettty nice in the 1/4. Seemed to get a good launch every time.

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
585 Posts
Clutches in these bikes are simple as pie, 30 minutes start to finish. Make sure you order a new clutch cover gasket as well. And also make sure you change your oil at the same time and I also recommend if your drag racing alot to make sure you drop the oil pan and clean the pickup tube every once in a while.......all of this keeps the bike running alot smoother and pretty much gaurantees your not going to have any problems down the road.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why are you using the clutch down the 1320 to begin with..? Shouldn't you be going clutchless..?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
ZX14Pilot said:
Clutch is fine, get that 60' and 330' times down and the rest will follow. Is you bike lowered? Front and back?
Yes he does need to work on his short times, but he said he felt like his gears were sticking.
bragg10r said:

Bragg

·
Registered
269 Posts
GRKZX10R said:
Why are you using the clutch down the 1320 to begin with..? Shouldn't you be going clutchless..?
i was also thinking the same thing ...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GRKZX10R said:
I believe he is clutchless upshifting, but that doesn't mean the clutch still can't slip.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If he's going clutchless when dragging, his clutch shouldn't be warn out too bad, therefore shouldn't be slipping.. I'd think a clutch would have to be pretty much garbage to slip when you're not even using it.

As for clutchless shifting, what are everyones opinions on this..? There's a thread in performance and tech, but I'd really like to see some more perspectives...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GRKZX10R said:
If he's going clutchless when dragging, his clutch shouldn't be warn out too bad, therefore shouldn't be slipping.. I'd think a clutch would have to be pretty much garbage to slip when you're not even using it.

As for clutchless shifting, what are everyones opinions on this..? There's a thread in performance and tech, but I'd really like to see some more perspectives...
On a stock wheelbase bike to get good short times the clutch gets abused pretty good. It also depends on how he rides the bike on the street.

When racing I only use the clutch on the launch. On the street I'll use the clutch to upshift sometimes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I try to go clutchless always, heard it saves the clutch.. But now I'm wondering if I'm hurting the tranny in any way..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts