Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had my bike at the strip yesterday and came across a lil prob..nearing the end of my run i started to get the infamous speed wobble/tank slapper what ever you guys want to call it. this is my first time with this bike at the track. am i doing something wrong? how do i fix this. my busa never had this prob nor my bandit 1200.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is your front wheel properly balanced? Mine wasnt balanced at one point and got the speed wobbles bad. A steering dampner always helps too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
20incher said:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28964
Not sure if you had seen this or posted in it, but seems to be the same problem.
It could be one of several things, suspension settings (just make sure there's an even number of clicks on each side of your adjustment). The back tire could be mis-aligned (make sure there set at the same tick mark on each side) The front tire could be out of balance or if you have over 5000 miles on it, I can tell you it's worn uneven and that's what's causing it, that's what mine did. Just pop it up on stands and spin it, you can tell easily if it's out of round.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
if you have over 5000 miles on it, I can tell you it's worn uneven and that's what's causing it
Interesting, I was also feeling this. Better check my front tyre out as nothing else has changed on the bike other then what could be tyre wear.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
A steering damper is great insurance and assurance for you and the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts