Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I already have the 16 tooth front, but want to go to 43 rear, anyone know if the stock chain will fit ? It's low miles and I need the $ for other stuff right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It will. I have that setup with stock chain. Still room to spare. Oh, and you will love it! -1 was great but -1/+2 is amazing!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
My speedo read 90 mph but GPS read 73. Speedohealer calculation will be at -18.9. Used precise mode using garmin GPS. My speedo is now dead on at any given speed.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Don't have a 1st gen but -1/+2 with all the other bikes I've owned worked with stock chain so I'm sure you will be fine. I love this rear sprocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My speedo read 90 mph but GPS read 73. Speedohealer calculation will be at -18.9. Used precise mode using garmin GPS. My speedo is now dead on at any given speed.
Thanks a lot man...got pulled twice by a couple lengths by an 08 CBR1000, from 30 mph to about 150. We were screwwing around at the road race track between sessions.

That shit ends at the rematch, two weeks out.

Going to bump up the octane level, and remap the bazzazz from 13.0 AFR to 13.2, add two to the rear, and run it into the redline 500 more rpm.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Don't have a 1st gen but -1/+2 with all the other bikes I've owned worked with stock chain so I'm sure you will be fine. I love this rear sprocket.

What kind is that? Looks nice f'sho!

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
+1 for the supersprox sprocket. I LOVE mine.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks a lot man...got pulled twice by a couple lengths by an 08 CBR1000, from 30 mph to about 150. We were screwwing around at the road race track between sessions.

That shit ends at the rematch, two weeks out.

Going to bump up the octane level, and remap the bazzazz from 13.0 AFR to 13.2, add two to the rear, and run it into the redline 500 more rpm.
What year bike do you have? I ride and play with a 08 1000rr all the time too. But I am always the one that walks away from him.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What year bike do you have? I ride and play with a 08 1000rr all the time too. But I am always the one that walks away from him.
I have an '08, full Yosh R77, Bazzaz with O2 sensor quick shift and TC options, remapped just that morning on that track, BMC race filter. Secondaries removed. He pulled out and I was reeling him in, but not fast enough.

I think I need to run higher in to the redline before shifting too.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I have an '08, full Yosh R77, Bazzaz with O2 sensor quick shift and TC options, remapped just that morning on that track, BMC race filter. Secondaries removed. He pulled out and I was reeling him in, but not fast enough.

I think I need to run higher in to the redline before shifting too.
I really wish I would have gotten the QS option on my Bazzaz. I haven't had any bike jump out on me yet. Haven't raced an 08 CBR1000 yet though.

I have a few maps that I have merged into 1 that is working really well for me right now with the full Akra., BMC race, 16T, and Secondaries removed.

Do you have a switch mounted on your bike so you can select different maps?
If not, I would. That is how I determined what sections of each map I really liked and came up with the one I have now. (She runs good:mrgreen:)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I really wish I would have gotten the QS option on my Bazzaz. I haven't had any bike jump out on me yet. Haven't raced an 08 CBR1000 yet though.

I have a few maps that I have merged into 1 that is working really well for me right now with the full Akra., BMC race, 16T, and Secondaries removed.

If not, I would. That is how I determined what sections of each map I really liked and came up with the one I have now. (She runs good:mrgreen:)

You want to share the map? we have the exact same mods:idea::thumbsup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Yeah, I got the switch option too. My current map is a finely tuned and retuned marvel...It is way smooth. I took data once at the track, filled in the holes manually following the numeric trends. Last time I logged saturday at the track, it only recommended a few 1 and 2 percent changes, which I added.

My Map one is going to be relogged for a 13.2:1 AFR for Race gas, and position 2 for street riding with the current map.

I gotta tell you, I put the least thought into the Quick Shift option, but now it's my favorite thing about my bike. I like it even better than the Ohlins forks and shock. The Kyle Racing mod to the Ohlins damper is a close second.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was wondering the same. so the stock chain WILL work with a +2 in rear.?! i just test road my -1 and it was cool to ride out 3rd gear wheelie. but is it worth losin the top end speed to change the rear? and how many mph will be lost?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
i was wondering the same. so the stock chain WILL work with a +2 in rear.?! i just test road my -1 and it was cool to ride out 3rd gear wheelie. but is it worth losin the top end speed to change the rear? and how many mph will be lost?
Yes it will. Like I said, -1 is nice but -1/+2 is amazing. You don't lose much top end. I'm never up in the 180mph anyways. I'd rather have my power lower. I figure 16 should have been stock (based on other liter gear ratios) and really you are only adding +2 in the rear. These things are geared so tall.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I just went +2 this weekend (already had -1). All I can say is if this thing pulls any harder I might slip right off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts