Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the swap...insane difference, power wheelies at 5k now instead of 7-8k... gotta be careful!! Freaking animal.

Now I have an issue. I rode the back last week, then she went on stands. Everything was fine, no issues. Rode her for the first time today after doing the swap and when I am slowly twisting the throttle it acts like it isn't getting enough gas and forward movement is jerky. When I open her up, full throttle it goes away and acceleration is even and consistent. Any ideas?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Did you put a new chain on with the sprockets? What else did you touch when changing the gearing?

I'd speculate that you reused a worn chain with the new sprockets and you're now getting some part-throttle driveline lash. That or your chain freeplay is incorrect. Assuming you didn't mess with anything else on the bike when doing this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New chain new sprockets. Have 1.25" free play while sitting on it, checked the gas line as I had the tank off installing my speedo tuner and it is straight. Just don't know why this showed up out of the blue? I had my work checked by a motorcycle shop as this is the first time I have ever worked on anything mechanical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts