Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals thgt yall would like to know the 09 huggers will fit on the 08-09 zx10 with "some" triming, and looks way better then the "spoon" that comes stock on the 10's ..... also polished the lips of the spokes on my factory wheels... something dif. but came out pretty good i think.... later Dave 01.jpg

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.jpg

05.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
where did you find OEM '09 6R parts? the only places ive seen getting those are dealers, and theres no way in hell im paying dealer price.
Looks great, that will be going on my bike before Daytona Bike week.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the hugger at the dealship that iam good friends with cost me $26 with uncle sams part, and as far as the lips of spokes go, i use a paint remover pad on a wizz wheel then used a polishing pad on it and it game out good, took me lil time, bout 2hrs per rim, but def worth it, never seen it done before on stock wheels and wanted to be lil dif. i have polished the lips on alot of bikes just never the spokes.... as far as the hugger working , i doubt it will work as good as the big ass factory one but i dont really care, looks 100times better lol..... I prolly could get a good price on these huggers if i had a few people want to order them. Sure they would take care of me and let me pass the saving to all yall, just lemme know if anyone of yall are interested.... Thanks for the comments everyone.... ttyl Dave

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I want one, I can paypal you... what all had to be modified for it to fit?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys if yall want one my paypal account is, [email protected], iam thinking i should be able to get the hugger for $30 each give or take a few $$ and shippn shd be no mow then $10-15 bucks ups ground to anywhere in u.s., so guess if ya want one send me a p.m. with your address and i can figure out shippn and a amount to send me. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
447 Posts

Did the same thing, but I made a little metal bracket so I didnt drill the swingarm since I might get a different one in the future.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

Did the same thing, but I made a little metal bracket so I didnt drill the swingarm since I might get a different one in the future.
Thanks for posting that up, I just snagged a Gen3 arm and going to buy a 6R hugger. You have any additional info as to how you did that? I see that you used a bracket but I'm curious how you attached the hugger to the bracket. . .
Thanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
looks just like how I did it, except my bracket came loose and I need to reattach it.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts