Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
There's a guy over on psychobike that put 10r wheels on a 14 so I would assume it can be done. I do believe he had to machine some spacers. If memory serves me correctly though, the 14 wheels are a lot heavier than the 10's so it might not be beneficial unless you just like the way they look over the 10 wheels. GL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JLAudio11.

I have a friend that runs a motorcycle dismantling business. He has both 10R and 14 wheels, the 14's are from a special edition - black with orange detailing and the 10r's are silver! He may be able to weigh them for me to confirm. This is so I can setup a second set of wheels with race tires strictly for track days and weight is very important to me. I really like the 14's, but they are more expensive and if they are heavier or require shimming - then I'll just get the 10r's and get them powder coated black.

Again, thanks!

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Im the one that put the 10r wheels on my 14! The front wheel will fit right on but the rear needs some work and itll be hard to make the 14 wheel fit on the 10 cause the 14 wheel is wider! The 14 front wheel is 3 pounds heavier and the rear is about 4 pounds heavier than the 10r.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Im the one that put the 10r wheels on my 14! The front wheel will fit right on but the rear needs some work and itll be hard to make the 14 wheel fit on the 10 cause the 14 wheel is wider! The 14 front wheel is 3 pounds heavier and the rear is about 4 pounds heavier than the 10r.
Sorry I didn't remember who did it. Thanks for coming in to pick up the slack. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts