Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start up the bike, turned the key dash came on, lit up...pushed the start button, and everything went black...Didn't even try to turn over, just died. Had some one push me to get it jump started. I made it a mile down the road, got stuck at a red light and it died while sitting there. Called a tow guy, he jumped it. Rode 45 minutes home, but the entire way the dash kept dying out, needle would reset, over and over every second or so the entire ride. Headlights stayed on and bright. Got home, shut it off... Tried to start it up again and nothing. Now (The next morning) I go out, put the key in, turn it on and nothing at all, no dash lights, no fuel pump kicking on...but the headlight has a tiny flicker. Any ideas?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
If the bike won't start, the battery is dead.

Reactions: Shahwales

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you do the regulator recall? I put it off for years and then had symptoms like yours, bought a new battery then killed that too. If you look at the stator and it's burned it's very likely that it's the regulator that made it go. A local dealer I'd never been to replaced both for free with the recall a couple years ago (several years after the recall was issued).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts