Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the '09 zx10. When i take my hands off the handlebars I notice that it wants to vear to the right. I did a few power wheelies and notice the same thing...as soon as the tire comes up the bike vears to the right.

Now...I'll admit, my other bike had dual exhaust and was very balanced. Is it the stock exhaust causing the imbalance...or do I need to have it adjusted? Do I just need to get used to it? I'm almost at the 600 mile service point and it will be a good time to have it looked at if need be.

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
however with that said, if you have one side of your suspension on the fork set higher/lower than the other side then your bike will also lean to one side (right or left, depending on which side is set "softer")

so to exclude this possibility, check your settings on the forks (upper and lower)
if your settings are the same on both sides then its probably be the lopsided exshuast

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I just bought the '09 zx10. When i take my hands off the handlebars I notice that it wants to vear to the right. I did a few power wheelies and notice the same thing...as soon as the tire comes up the bike vears to the right.

Now...I'll admit, my other bike had dual exhaust and was very balanced. Is it the stock exhaust causing the imbalance...or do I need to have it adjusted? Do I just need to get used to it? I'm almost at the 600 mile service point and it will be a good time to have it looked at if need be.

Thoughts? Thanks!
I took my big-assed exhaust off and noticed a huge difference...however, when the bike does begin to slow (with no hands) mine goes to the right also...so?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered the forks, but with the bike vearing off the back tire in a wheelie...

I'd love to modify the exhaust to run under the seat! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts