Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my dyno done finally, it was a shoot out at Indy XDL, took the win with 170.3 on a hot rainy day. We dynoed it again the next day a little cooler and no rain to get 173.03. Since it was a comp I didnt get torque.

Akrapovic full SS
PC V (Base map on web)
K&N

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Since it was a comp I didnt get torque.

Akrapovic full SS
PC V (Base map on web)
K&N
Those are nice numbers for sure, how did it do against the other bikes there? Any of the new VMax's post up numbers?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
hell yeah man...do you have the evo system or the race?
Looks like the race system listed in his sig.

No performance differences. The race is SS
the EVO is Ti which is more expensive, but
lighter. Also, the EVO has a larger bung on
header #3 that will fit the wideband sensors
for autotune. The bung on the race system is
smaller.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I beat every bike there expect 1 busa and 1 zx-14, they pulled 181, and 180. I mostly out powered the busas there and tied a lot of zx-14s. Will the auto tune fit on my SS headers? They didnt do torque because the would have to pull off the tank and they had a bunch of bike to dyno. Unfortunately there wasn't a v-max there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you did those numbers with just an exhaust and a powercommander?...if do i think you need to go to another dyno thats more accurate. you would have to have cams and maybe even a lightend crankshaft to put out those numbers. I know i dynoed my 08 ZX-10 with and exhaust, powercommander and a bmc and my bike puts 158hp to the rear wheel which is extremely accurate!!!! So whats in that thing? sorry im not trying to put you down. Im just tired of seeing inflated dyno numbers.

·
Gen3
824 Posts
Nice numbers for sure. The main question is what did your bike do in stock trim. My bike 100% stock laid down 158hp. To me its more accurate to do a before/after on the same dyno just so you know your gains.

·
Registered
375 Posts
you did those numbers with just an exhaust and a powercommander?...if do i think you need to go to another dyno thats more accurate. you would have to have cams and maybe even a lightend crankshaft to put out those numbers. I know i dynoed my 08 ZX-10 with and exhaust, powercommander and a bmc and my bike puts 158hp to the rear wheel which is extremely accurate!!!! So whats in that thing? sorry im not trying to put you down. Im just tired of seeing inflated dyno numbers.
maybe your dyno was deflated? and not calibrated properly?

What does accuracy have got to do with "higher" numbers? If they are consistent, what do you need more?

Don't try to justice yourself if you just went to the dyno that gave lower numbers.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The numbers don't really mean anything, as dynos read differently, but the fact that you beat everyone else does say that your bike is stronger than average... which is good enough for me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
you seen the pipercross race filter for this model. i got one and its ridiculous how thin this filter is. you have to clean it every oil change at the minimum though. my airbox is still clean with it though. it puts my bmc race filter i have on my 636 to shame.

I have flow tested the following air filters.

Stock
K&N
BMC Street
BMC Race

The K&N out-flowed them all.

It is easy to see why when they are side by side on the flow bench. The K&N has wider pleats than either BMC filter by nearly 2 to 1. When unfolded like an accordion, the surface area is much larger on the K&N.

I know there are a lot of K&N haters. Myself included, but on the 08/09 ZX10's they got it right.

I noticed another new thread where a K&N 08/09 bike with Leo Vince pipe had about the same #s as the OP's. These filters truly work on this model as do full systems.

I can also attest to the Akrapovic claims of +15 HP increase on this model. I saw it on another bike and a recent magazine test showed the same increases.

Superstreet bike in the latest edition just did a test of a 09 with a full Leo Vince System and also got +15 HP before and after increase and that was WITHOUT a Power Commander.

I believe his numbers are legit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
173 is about what its supposed to be running with the full akrapovic.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I have flow tested the following air filters.

Stock
K&N
BMC Street
BMC Race

The K&N out-flowed them all.

It is easy to see why when they are side by side on the flow bench. The K&N has wider pleats than either BMC filter by nearly 2 to 1. When unfolded like an accordion, the surface area is much larger on the K&N.

I know there are a lot of K&N haters. Myself included, but on the 08/09 ZX10's they got it right.

I noticed another new thread where a K&N 08/09 bike with Leo Vince pipe had about the same #s as the OP's. These filters truly work on this model as do full systems.

I can also attest to the Akrapovic claims of +15 HP increase on this model. I saw it on another bike and a recent magazine test showed the same increases.

Superstreet bike in the latest edition just did a test of a 09 with a full Leo Vince System and also got +15 HP before and after increase and that was WITHOUT a Power Commander.

I believe his numbers are legit.
care to post any mag articles

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
my midrange does feel better with the full system. can't always look at peak numbers!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
weehell, i'm def glad i got the leo vince EVOII full race exhaust, should come in tomm! pics soon.

i'll be pairing it wi/ the bazzaz tho

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is the best mod on my bike, the replacement of stock exhaust and boom box. This shows you really can get a 16hp gain and at least a 16lb loss in weight in removing the stock boom box & can.

Fuel management is the next biggest mod to increase your hp - and it will give you probably another 8-10hp. Get a power commander and dyno for us.

·
Registered
158 Posts
stock should be around 160,i added a akra slip-on dyno said 151,then added a link pipe,p/c,k/n filter,flies removed,smog plates on, couple hours mapping end results 170 rwhp.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweet numbers... I put down 166.12 rhp last week with my full Evo setup.

Remember every dyno can be calibrated differently. Air Quality is major factor with all dyno runs. You can tweek the setting and get totally different #'s on back to back runs. Such is the reason you have corrected and uncorrected dyno numbers. Look what Air Quality can do to you at the track.

Only true way to compare #'s is, same dyno, same day...

X

1 - 20 of 37 Posts