Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hate to do it, but I don't ever get to ride the beast anymore....So putting it up for sale

2009 Special Edition, 6,300 miles, 2nd owner, title in hand. Clean enough to eat off, 9/10 mechanically and cosmetically,

Purchased the bike at 600 miles. Oil changes every 1,500 miles with amsol semi synthetic, new Michelin Pilot Powers last summer (haven't rode hardly at all so still like new). Currently setup for solo rider but have everything to put back to normal.

Upgrades:
LOR exhaust
1/5th turn throttle
Integrated smoked tail light
Fender eliminator kit
Smoked front signals
Customer exhaust hanger and rear tire hugger
Power commander
ZX6 seat cowl
Rear stand spools

Extras:
Front and rear stands
Icon super duty gloves
Icon Timax jacket
KBC helmet
Passenger seat and both rear pegs
Factory windscreen and tail light

Looking to get $8,000 out of it.

More photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157634694700292/

Attachments

·
Banned
480 Posts
New price $7800
Is that the average price in Mo?????. I have found a few for 6500 on craigslist in my area and they are pretty much unmodded..09 zx-10Rs and under 6k to start with and the sellers usually bring it down to 5500 before its all over. I would expect each area to be different and the price to be more on what the average consumer is used to paying in the area...I am not saying by any means I think it is to much to ask, I am asking if people are basing it on the mods you added.. Like I took a bike to 3 kawi dealers in my state and they told me because of the mods, it would not be worth much but on ebay it would sell closer to the price I had been looking to get for it because the mods hurt the bike at a dealership..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price is OBO, really has nothing to do with the mods, if a buyer likes them good deal, if not I will pull them off. I'm a pretty firm believer in the concept of getting what you pay for, so a $5500 ZX10 is probably not on the same playing field as a $8000 one, usually.
Any dealer you take your bike to is going to try and rape you on price, thats a given.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Price is OBO, really has nothing to do with the mods, if a buyer likes them good deal, if not I will pull them off. I'm a pretty firm believer in the concept of getting what you pay for, so a $5500 ZX10 is probably not on the same playing field as a $8000 one, usually.
Any dealer you take your bike to is going to try and rape you on price, thats a given.
it has nothing to do with the bike being inferior..they are the same year same everything I mean like I was just looking at one in dc, started a 7 k and is now down to 5700 because people just don't want to pay it around here and they wont.. it has less than 10k miles and is not modded out.. ( I like to see mods on bikes). Its just about the market In this area. Now for the kawi dealers they seem to want just close to factory condition bikes, to them a mod is not such a good thing..I don't like their reasoning because as a biker I love it when I get a bike and it has stuff on it and I don't have to spend time and money adding the same stuff. I often will hunt for bikes that have everything I want and the mods done where I don't have to do much at all to be happy with it.. I cant be the only one that thinks this way..

Personally, anyone not seriously trying to get money for your bike is a fool, for that price and the mods alone its worth that.. and the idea they don't even have to pay to have the mods done right by a shop in itself is a few hundred bucks saving.. I like the look of you bike, I thinks its hot as all getout.. it just sreams " lets go Ride"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts