Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who here as ridden one? What's everyone's opinion? If things continue the way they are for me I could possibly see myself on one next summer if I can find a left-over 09 at a fair price. I'm not in the immediate market but I'm sure curious about them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got to ride one at the track last week. It was 100% stock down to the OE tires - and it was flippin' awesome! The handling was almost telepathic.

One of the cool things about our little local track is that I've gotten to ride all sorts of different bikes under controlled conditions, and I've gotta say the new 6R was the easiest bike to go fast on in the fewest laps ever.

My wife is ready to step up from her Ninja 250 so we've been looking at the SV and Ninja 650s, but I'm much more impressed with this bike. And as a bonus - it feels smaller, lighter and easier to ride than the 650s do.

The engine was smooth and revved forever. Power was allright - but I've been spoiled by liter bikes in that dept.

Handling, as I mentioned, was incredible. I've ridden several examples of each of the last 4 gens of the 6Rs, and this is easily better than any of them, right out of the box. The BPF rocks!

Brakes were scary good - I'd actually prefer a less aggressive pad, or a stiffer leverage ratio. They bite HARD with a very soft squeeze. Don't sneeze!

Can you tell I liked it? :mrgreen:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
wow, it sounds like a great bike, i need to ride one. there are a few people here who own them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts