Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally upgraded my bike from a ZX6R to the ZX10R. Figured I would join up on here since I've heard a lot about it from the guys I ride with. My bike is only a 2008 but only had 2000 miles on it when I got it, so it's still like new. This is my first time joining a forum, so we will see how it goes. Thanks for letting me join

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also another question, I'm getting rid of the Racefit Growler exhaust that was installed on the bike when I bought it. I tried posting in the classifieds, but it won't allow me. Am I missing something? Again, new at the whole forum thing.:BangHead:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome to the form glad you got the fastest color.
I have almost 14000 on my 2010 B-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes ha. That is on the list of projects to come over winter. Have everything on order now so depending on how soon I get everything, may even get it done before the snows hit. That's the plan anyway. If not, it'll be the long wait til spring. Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, while doing some of my winter projects, I finally got to installing my exhaust system. I went from my Racefit to an M4 GP. Now, the issue I am facing is that the bike stalls (i'm guessing from a lack of back pressure). I was pretty surprised, I figured it would be okay since I previously ran a slip-on with no issues and everything else on the bike is stock.

My question is, what should I do now? Do I buy a PCV and do it that way? Or should I have my ECU flashed? What do you suggest would be the better option?

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, while doing some of my winter projects, I finally got to installing my exhaust system. I went from my Racefit to an M4 GP. Now, the issue I am facing is that the bike stalls (i'm guessing from a lack of back pressure). I was pretty surprised, I figured it would be okay since I previously ran a slip-on with no issues and everything else on the bike is stock.

My question is, what should I do now? Do I buy a PCV and do it that way? Or should I have my ECU flashed? What do you suggest would be the better option?
It's usually cheaper to go with the ECU flash and a good tuner can rewrite a custom map right on the ECU. I got 14 hp from the flash and tune. It cost me about $350 for ECU flash and tune. If you want to go a step further, get a PCV and you will be able to fine tune it more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome man. I bought my 09 with 500 miles on it myself. Love it and its practically brand new to me as it wasn't really broken into.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts