Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 08 zx10 DYNO tuned and was both surprised and satisfied with the results.. for now. I have the Vance and Hines exhaust, -1 front sprocket, and k&n air filter.. so its not HEAVILY modified. Here are the results.. what kind of numbers have you other guys seen from your 08's? curious to see how my results stack up!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This was a Leo Vince dyno shoot out sometime last year. Base fuel map on kit ecu and advanced timing, full leo and stock filter. 169.07

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
On a totally un-related matter; how do you like that Vance and Hines? How's the sound? I've got one in the box, I just haven't put it on yet. Nice numbers though!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, yes he tuned everything. the lower of the two lines is what i was running before tuning the pc3. the lines above are my best two runs after being tuned. i was very satisfied with these numbers because of the real lack of extensive power mods.. this is just a testament to the fact that these bikes are BEASTS!!

On a side note, the V&H has an awesome look to it. I thought it looked totally diff than most of the other setups. The sound is quite deep, but depends who you ask, everyone always thinks theirs sounds deeper than the next. My tuner said that it was a "good" slip on, but by no means would it compare to an aratta or however you spell that. But he said i couldnt ask for much more out of a slip on, so from his perspective, it IS a good investment. Only downfall to it is that there is not a recommended header to accompany it.. therefore, i'd be torn between keeping it, or getting rid of it in order to get a FULL system.

·
Registered
590 Posts
thanks guys, yes he tuned everything. the lower of the two lines is what i was running before tuning the pc3. the lines above are my best two runs after being tuned. i was very satisfied with these numbers because of the real lack of extensive power mods.. this is just a testament to the fact that these bikes are BEASTS!!

On a side note, the V&H has an awesome look to it. I thought it looked totally diff than most of the other setups. The sound is quite deep, but depends who you ask, everyone always thinks theirs sounds deeper than the next. My tuner said that it was a "good" slip on, but by no means would it compare to an aratta or however you spell that. But he said i couldnt ask for much more out of a slip on, so from his perspective, it IS a good investment. Only downfall to it is that there is not a recommended header to accompany it.. therefore, i'd be torn between keeping it, or getting rid of it in order to get a FULL system.
With numbers like those I don't think I'd be too worried about getting a full system:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was a Leo Vince dyno shoot out sometime last year. Base fuel map on kit ecu and advanced timing, full leo and stock filter. 169.07
so your saying that is what your bike put out with the full exhaust on it, but not tuned?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
so your saying that is what your bike put out with the full exhaust on it, but not tuned?
yup. I had had a couple of pulls to get a base line with a guy who tunes for a couple #1 plates in club racing. The air fuel was pretty good but ran rich in the mid range, neither one of us had a pc to ecu cable to tune. I'm pleased with it and it's fast enough for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a shame that a pc connector cord was all that prevented you from tuning. I made gains left and right. Altho i agree that your bike is probably satisfying right now, theres no sense in doing something halfway. Let that bike be all it can be, like the army ha.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Its a shame that a pc connector cord was all that prevented you from tuning. I made gains left and right. Altho i agree that your bike is probably satisfying right now, theres no sense in doing something halfway. Let that bike be all it can be, like the army ha.
Until I can find someone to borrow a PC to ECU cable im not about to spend $600 dollars to buy one in order to tune it. If I was racing for a podium finish in the top end then thats another story.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice to see #s like that! gives me hope... my set up is close to that, i jsut hve one more mod before i find out. how ever, just after riding it "as is", i am already all smiles!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
So, your 08 zx10 pulled 165 stock and gained 10 rwhp with a slip on and tuning?
What were the A/F for the pulls. I noticed that neither of your graphs shows the air fuel ratio. Any particular reason you didn't get that information?

There is a difference between dyno bike and a street bike, meaning the dyno queen bike will not run fast on the street because it's too lean..... I am very curious as to the a/f

·
Registered
11 Posts
aOwsk1 i see your from albany and joe's is in the 518 just wondering where because i'm from the area too and will need a tune soon when my parts come in

1 - 19 of 19 Posts