Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any clutch issues with their 08' when brand new?

I frequently get a click in the lever. Almost like it is grabbing or stripping.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
you need to zip tie your cable right under the key area and it should go away mine did that also and once I put the zip tie up there and got the cable up it went away... dont tie it to tight though...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it in to the dealer and they did the same thing, and it still catches. They dont believe it, but they dont ride it continuously.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
huh maybe adjust the screw up there it might be way to tight and being pulled, do you feel it catch when making left turns ??

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
na, it happens when i pull the clutch lever shifting gears. so it seems internal in the cable itself.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
oh yeah maybe get a new cable i think they cost around $30 or so and switch it out and see if it goes away... ?? good luck let us know what ya find out..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do! I apprecite your feedback!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I had that too. I haven't really ridden the bike much, 5kms in 5 months lol. I haven't notice that lately.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Check the alignment of the cable thru the slots in the leve and coming thru the lever mount... the cable may be catching an edge because the cable is not running straight thru the guides.

Also take the lever off and check the barrel on the end of the cable... It rotates normally when you pull the lever and maybe it is getting hung up while trying to rotate in the round recess.

While the lever is off you can also check the cable to see if there are any signs of abnormal abrasion or nicking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts