Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to remove my boom box while I wait for thr Akra link pipe to arrive. I took some pics for those that have been living in a cave and have never seen the boom box. I will post pics of the Akra link pipe when I get it this coming week.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
:dontknow: What is a boombox? Never heard of it

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
That thing is terrible to look at! I'm glad my '06 didn't come with that. :headshake

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's to add weight to make sure the other liter bikes can stay with the 10r... LOL

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have no idea why they even bothered with the "boom box" because it appears that there is no packing material in there. The sound reduction is really minimal. If Kawi had welded a cherry bomb glasspack it would have done a better job.

Also, the "boom box" is one heavy piece! The extra weight loss from it's removal is welcome. If you look at exhaust weight savings from a full system, the Gen 3 ZX10R loses more than most. Only ditching the dualies of the K8 GSXR1000 save more weight. If we had any cost cutting (using stainless instead of ti), I am happy that Kawi chose to go cheap in this area as most people modify exhausts on sportbikes anyways.

·
Registered
641 Posts
can you please hop on the scale with it and tell us how much it weighs? And while you're at it, hop on with the stock canister as well. thanx.

the boom box...so big, even a caveman can see it!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.