Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have recently fit a PCV (I am not planning on putting an autotune)
And just now a Arata Ti system.
For the system I have disconnected the 2 o2 sensors therefore I have a Fi light on with code 67 for it (is there a way of eliminating this)?

I am planning to have a custom map made.
Is it worth having at all the sensors connected? The link pipe on the arata has only 1hole for a sensor which seems to be bigger diameter to those which are fitted OEM.

How can I eliminate the code67 o2 sensor with FI.
And is it wise not having the o2 sensors if I am having the PCV custom mapped.
If I need a o2 sensor where can I find the bigger size for ARATA and can it be done 2into1 as there is only one hole in the link pipe?

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump: anyone?

ok any one know if I connect the two sensors wires to the original single o2 sensor and put in the ARATA link pipe landa sensor hole will it have the same effect as the two originaly on the oem system? Or do I need to drill another hole to the other side of the pipe to connect both together within the pipe?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Us model bikes dont have them...I think you need the o2 sensor...Worse case, a piece of tape will cover the flashing light LOL! If your bike aka oem sensor doesnt fit I'm sure theres a fitting that you can use to put it in there.

Sure some euro members will tune in

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bike is uk, bloody restrictions

Well the ARATA link pipe has one hole already, I am interested now do I need to put both sensors, or is there a way to link the wiring to one. and if it can be wired to one sensor only, should I get a separate sensor or there is no difference, just sticking the original one.

It is a option to stick a tape, but recarding errors I am a little worried.
Lets not say it is running well rich and cant go above 160 due to it (without the end pipe) that is worrying me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You can buy the O2 eliminators from Dynojet UK.
Don't mess with them, your bike won't start up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can buy the O2 eliminators from Dynojet UK.
Don't mess with them, your bike won't start up.
tasos - will this allow me to change the fueling with the PC-V with a custom map because the bike is 2008 model

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do not do it in the uk :( I don't even think they actualy have one for the 08 model.

·
Registered
201 Posts
there are ways to get them out ---

1) is device witch will fool the ECU cost was above 200€, and doesnt realy works
2) RACE ECU
3) get the OEM ECO Reprogammed

next step then is

- let it tune by some tuner (or use Autotune) to make sure your bike has the right AFR for the full range.

I have done the following: OEM Sensors + autotune

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
tasos - will this allow me to change the fueling with the PC-V with a custom map because the bike is 2008 model
I made my 06 with a pc3. Basically they are Ohm resistors, one is around 435k Ohms i think but i don't remember...There are available for the 08 and are the same for the 06, my mech could find them and ordered them.

I went the cheap route first, bolted some resistors approx. and tuned the bike. Everything went perfect and when i took it out of the dyno and FI light blinked :lol:. So i'm waiting for them to arrive...We'll see.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
The autotune is amazing. When I had mine dynoed the dyno guy said it was pracitically perfect and that he probably couldn't do better. Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I have figured 1 solution.

Does anyone know these sensors what the signal is? Can I use 1 sensor and its signal being sent to the ecu BR/W in and W/BL instead of 2 sensors which individually send to BR/W and the other W/BL .

All the other wires from the sensors are connected to the same intervals.

I do not think it will cause any fluctuation to the signal if it is sent to the 2 ports on the ecu from 1 sensor compared to the 2 sensors sending separated signals of the same values?????? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If i am not mistaken 1 sensor is heated and the other one is not, so this might not work. A good idea would be to read the service manual and be sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have looked at it, and I don't think one is heated the other not, there is only one wire which is not linked together from the sensor and that is the signal I think which goes into the ecu from each sensor into separate ports.

Currently I am waiting for a reply from ARATA , will let you know about that. And will liase with my mech. too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 08 with pcv and I use o2 eliminators from dynojet for the 06/07 zx10.
Has worked perfect for a year and no Fi light.

Do a search on the forum and answers you will find!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had encounted the similar problem before, I fitted a M4 full exhaust system (which has only one hole on the mid pipe) on my 08 ZX-10R ... the FI light turns on if I don't pluy the 2 sender in the exhaust and the backfire problem is serious, eventually, I drilled two hole on the same postion of the M4 system and fit the 2 sensor into it, till now my bike is working fine but only got a little backfire ... just wondering if all the full exhaust system has only one hole (designed for the dynojet autotune sensor??) but not designed to pluy in the stock sensor?? ... can anyone with a 08-10 ZX-10R and full system of other brands could answer this??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any chance of posting some pics of the arata system up?
I can't get you a pick right now with the system on the bike, due to the bike being abroad and me reaching it in 3weeks time and take pics, also it will do no good if i ask my friend due to waiting for the end pipe to arrive from a repair. (bought it second hand).

I wil post pics as soon as I get to it :smile:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a 08 with pcv and I use o2 eliminators from dynojet for the 06/07 zx10.
Has worked perfect for a year and no Fi light.

Do a search on the forum and answers you will find!
I don't like them eliminators for some reason, due to it giving the same signal to the computer, so the bike is either normal or rich in fuel. that is my believe. btw i have fixed it read on.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I had encounted the similar problem before, I fitted a M4 full exhaust system (which has only one hole on the mid pipe) on my 08 ZX-10R ... the FI light turns on if I don't pluy the 2 sender in the exhaust and the backfire problem is serious, eventually, I drilled two hole on the same postion of the M4 system and fit the 2 sensor into it, till now my bike is working fine but only got a little backfire ... just wondering if all the full exhaust system has only one hole (designed for the dynojet autotune sensor??) but not designed to pluy in the stock sensor?? ... can anyone with a 08-10 ZX-10R and full system of other brands could answer this??
You must have fit only 1 sensor in the pipe with the m4 - this means you only suplied half the info the ecu needs, due to the ecu having two signal ports and one of them not receivng a signal, so you still had the light on. This would have made the computer think that two of your header pipes (linked from the cylinders) have correct air to fuel and the other two don't causing miscalculation, giving you backfires.

If the current system you have now is 4-2-1 and you have stuck the 2 o2 sensors in the '1' section that is not too good either. kawasaki has 2 sensors on the '2' section, which contains 2 separate double header pipes (1 sensor for each) and that way it makes better correction on the fuel air.

NOW I have solved MY PROBLEM. :mrgreen:

What I did was due to my system being 4-2-1 and sensor hole is manufactured on the arata at the '1' section.

I have connected the two sensors to their according leads.
cut the sensor element off from sensor #2 and connected its wires accordingly to the wires of sensor #1. And plugged it in.

The bike for now is running fine, no backfires, NO ERRORS :clap:

The whole logic is that the 2 sensors are powered and linked together with 3 out of 4 wire connection. the only odd wire is the signal, so by doing what I've done, the ecu gets the same signal but instead of 2 sensors from 2 separate cections like the oem system, it gets it from 1 sensor into the combined section '1' of the system, therefore correct air fuel ratio reading.

I will need to get back if everything is fine in a weeks time and after in sept. when I dyno the pcv to 100%.

:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

btw my friend is testing it right now until I get to it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts