Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys with the 08's well got to see the dealer 08 updates for kawi and just wanted to let you guys know the secondary filter in the air box is once again for noise emissions and I'm sure you can chuck it.... anyone done this yet?

not even sure if this has been covered in fsome other thread but just wanted to pass that along......

:thumbsup::dontknow:

·
Registered
387 Posts
hey guys with the 08's well got to see the dealer 08 updates for kawi and just wanted to let you guys know the secondary filter in the air box is once again for noise emissions and I'm sure you can chuck it.... anyone done this yet?

not even sure if this has been covered in fsome other thread but just wanted to pass that along......

:thumbsup::dontknow:
what exactly are you talking about. got a pic? i would be willing to test it out. mine is still all stock.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I don't exactly know what I'm talking about hahahha.... I Was shown pictures today, looked like a foam filter thats in a part of the air box... Ive been looking at the microfiche to see if I can see it but no luck.... if anyone has a chance to look inside the air box let me know!

·
Registered
286 Posts
does the 08 use the same air filter as the 04-05 ? just wondering if the bmc race made for the 1st gen will work ......i think so but just checking

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i know what you guys are talking about, its a silver mesh screen right? I didnt know you can just chuck it, i'm def gonna do that now, i'll also take a pic or two once i'm in there

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that screen is on the air filter its self, the thing they were showing me today was another 2nd type of filter in the air box.... if anyone can take pics of the airbox off and aprt the top and bottom let me know!

wheres jimmyjam when ya need him! lol

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that is exactly what kawi said it was, kawi is going to be big on noise emissions and alot on their chassis development to make power get to the ground, that covers everything from atv's to motorcycles

·
Registered
387 Posts
i will take a look tommarrow and let everyone know.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one of you guys should pop the tank up and take a peek in there for us!!!! come on ya bastards!!!! do some R&D work :-D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
all pics uploaded; ok the sound dampening is removed, i really dont see what it does, its not like it traps more dirt or anything; so it def seems like its there for noise emission reasons; mines off and its gonna stay off; post ride impressions coming up soon

1 - 20 of 32 Posts