Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First pass on my 08 zx14 29 miles on the speedo, only mod was a strap .. 9.94 @143 .

I have a zx14 at 64 inches that runs 8.70s ..But this zx10 is a beast to get out of the hole ..Best i could muster was a 1.73 60 footer ...Once you get the zx10 moving the bike is a beast!!!!! The bike really needs a 16 tooth sprocket ..

Can anyone tell me if a 04 05 06 07 zx10 front sprocket fit an 08 zx10 ???:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
First pass on my 08 zx14 29 miles on the speedo, only mod was a strap .. 9.94 @143 .

I have a zx14 at 64 inches that runs 8.70s ..But this zx10 is a beast to get out of the hole ..Best i could muster was a 1.73 60 footer ...Once you get the zx10 moving the bike is a beast!!!!! The bike really needs a 16 tooth sprocket ..

Can anyone tell me if a 04 05 06 07 zx10 front sprocket fit an 08 zx10 ???:dontknow:
YEAH I WOULD BET THAT IT WOULD BRO......ILL MAKE A CALL 2MRW AND FIND OUT FOR SURE AND LET YA KNOW ...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well that's really good for the first time on the 10.:thumbsup: just think with more miles and lowered it's only going to get better :wink:

As far as you needing a different gear I don't know if that will help you if your having launch problems at this point, I would like to see you run it when it's lowered front and back first.

Anyway, congrats again your the first one I heard of that actually ran it at the strip. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's really good for the first time on the 10.:thumbsup: just think with more miles and lowered it's only going to get better :wink:

As far as you needing a different gear I don't know if that will help you if your having launch problems at this point, I would like to see you run it when it's lowered front and back first.

Anyway, congrats again your the first one I heard of that actually ran it at the strip. :eek:ccasion1
Thanks .. You could be right but i just hate slipping the clutch that much ...Ouch .... It really helped me going to a 16 tooth on my 05 zx10 so it should help on the 08 i would think.. I have a 2 year habit of just tossing my clutch at 5K on my zx14 , so it's going to take me sometime to get a new habit ...:eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks .. You could be right but i just hate slipping the clutch that much ...Ouch .... It really helped me going to a 16 tooth on my 05 zx10 so it should help on the 08 i would think.. I have a 2 year habit of just tossing my clutch at 5K on my zx14 , so it's going to take me sometime to get a new habit ...:eek:ccasion1
What is the stock gearing on the 08s? Also if your going to stay SWB on the 08 don't see how your not going to slip the clutch much even though it's 1in longer in wheelbase compared to the Gen 1 10Rs.:headshake. What did you run on the 05 10R?....sorry for all the questions I'm really excited that you took it to the strip and judging by your body your no light weight.:lol: but still got good mph and time and this new 10 may be the best yet at the strip. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
What is the stock gearing on the 08s? Also if your going to stay SWB on the 08 don't see how your not going to slip the clutch much even though it's 1in longer in wheelbase compared to the Gen 1 10Rs.:headshake. What did you run on the 05 10R?....sorry for all the questions I'm really excited that you took it to the strip and judging by your body your no light weight.:lol: but still got good mph and time and this new 10 may be the best yet at the strip. :eek:ccasion1
stock gearing is 17/41.
Hey Bloo this could be it! Trade in ur Gen 1 and get the gen3 and you will have ur 9 sec run after all.:beer::wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
stock gearing is 17/41.
Hey Bloo this could be it! Trade in ur Gen 1 and get the gen3 and you will have ur 9 sec run after all.:beer::wink:

Naw, remember the 1st Gen 10Rs have a shorter wheelbase than any 1000cc bike and shorter than most 600cc bikes. That terror of launching that light bike with big HP is what makes it fun and challenging. :wink: :mrgreen::beer:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'd go with the 15 tooth... but hey, what do I :idea: know.?
I like that mph. though, especially through stock plumbing :eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'd go with the 15 tooth... but hey, what do I :idea: know.?
I like that mph. though, especially through stock plumbing :eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1
I'm not so impressed with the MPH because he lives in florida, I did 146mph on my 1st Gen in Cali. stock, what I am impressed with is like you said stock plumping and not even lowered just strapped and the guy seems to weigh about 200lbs. Also, it was his first time on the bike with only 29miles and seems to be only use to stretched bikes or at least not 1ks in SWB form lately.:dontknow:

As far as going to a 15t I think we had this discussion many times when the first Gens came out and Ryan Schnitz at the time even said on this site go to the 16t first and when you get better go from there. I know Ruthless might say jump to the 15T right now but he's an animal. :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only had my 05 zx10 for a short time ..I swapped it in for my 2006 zx14 ...I never had the chance to run the 1/4 mile but i did get a few 1/8 miles passes in before i traded it in..
I think my best was 6.20 @ 120 ..I don't recall the 60 foot time ..That was all stock but lowered, strapped and a 16 tooth sprocket .. I do remember my first few passes on the 05 were very low MPH like 111 112 and after 10 to 15 runs i worked it up to 120 MPH ... The best i had so far on the 08 was 116 MPH in the 1/8 ..But i should be able to work it up to 120+ with a few more passes ...It's pretty easy to tell that it has much more power than the 05 zx10 , i just need to learn to ride it :mrgreen: ... My 05 dyno at 147 stock and i'm sure the 08 higher ..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just to compair my very first pass on my 2006 zx14 was not all that great either ..60 foot 1.72 6.60 @ 107 ..The best that first day was 6.57 @ 111 Vs my 08 zx10 1.75 60 footer 6.57 @ 116 in the 1/8 mile ..

The mods to both bikes were the same ( a strap ) , so you can see the bikes in stock form are pretty close ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts