Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy s bike is lowered and stretched bout 6". the other day the rear got real soft, and the damping "resovior" part is hitting the swing arm. Is it gas or fluid? There is no leaking of fluid, n wen bounced I heard no air leaking. It appears the nut has the spring copressed all the down. Any ideas? Bad valve or maybe just shot?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
when you stretch a bike you've already pretty much exceeded the limit of the shock. it doesn't matter if the shock is new or not. You will pretty much have to upgrade the internals and/or get a stiffer spring to counteract the length of the extended arm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you think he blew it then, and if so do you think another factory shock w stiffer spring will work? Also wher to get that spring and what weight?.
Thanks for helpn me out.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No I don't think he blew the shock but he's increased the length of the lever (swing arm), which will place more pressure on the pivot point (shock) and will cause it to work too hard. I have a buddy whose bike is the same way. Your buddy will either have to beef up the internals or spring rate or install a strut, but that will give him a very harsh ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts