Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
i just went to the dragstrip with a STREET bike, no guns or knives. the one i ride to work in the morning. my times are still crappy for a non-lowered bike.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
im prolly 190 with gear on.
Hmmm, you should be trapping atleast 140 then. Could be one of these, or a combination:

a) Not getting WOT soon enough
b) Not staying WOT as much (on upshifts)
c) Clutch slippage... (shouldn't be a factor unless you're using the clutch to upshift)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm assuming this gearing may work, I'm not hitting the limiter and ran a [email protected] with a 116.58 mid MPH, and a 1.789 60 ft, Only got 3 passes in, so I'm gonna take her up Tues night usually able to get 25 or 30 in, that will tell the tale. Just wanted to say though with the 41 on the back, she would go out every pass at 144 with a 115 mid, the only thing that put her in the 9s was if i ran a low 1.7 60/1.73 or 1.74 ,otherwise she was in the 10.0s with high 1.7s or low 1.8s. For our All Bike Weekend did 69 passes, 12 were 9.90s and 29 were 10.0s The rest were oops. Tks for any input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
don't get caught up in mph. it don't have a lot to do with ET. get your 60ft and 330 right. and ET will follow...mph is just a indication of hp...imo

·
Registered
44 Posts
most drag race's are over in the first 60ft. if you pull some one hard out the hole and they come back by you for the win. save your money. and find some one else to run...that's just my opinion.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts