Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

08 zx10 forks to soft?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  iLLTech Moto 
#1 ·
How u all going ? I've been having trouble with my 08 zx10 forks my forks have 33mm sag .rebound is set at 7 clicks out from hard. compression is at 11 clicks out from full hard .These settings are for road riding on rough choppy roads any setting stiffer i am getting bad deflection of bumps with my q3 set at 30 psi which i wasn't getting with my front sportsmart . I put a cable tie around the fork to see how much travel i was using the cable tie was within 25mm of the bottom of the fork which i think is nearly bottomed out? I used this much travel braking hard from about 100klm which is slow are my springs to soft? The forks have a ssk piston kit installed and are supposed to have the correct spring for my weight .Just pushing on the front of the bike feels very soft and uses a lot of travel cheers shakey

#5 ·
I was advised to go with about 38 rider sag (28mm free sag + 10mm when sat on the bike). I have 8 lines showing and 0.90N/mm fork springs. My forks work fine and my zip tie stops about 30mm from the bottom. With 33mm rider sag it is unlikely you will be bottoming out, or is that the free sag number?

Some recommend removing the top out springs. Its also possible you might need a heavier grade, or more oil in there. I have 110mm air gap.

#9 ·
Me and my wife measured my sag first than 1 of the boyz came over and measured sag the wife had measured the sag totally wrong I had way to much rider sag now I have 35mm of sag and forks are working much better cheers for overyones input .

#11 ·
There are too many variables to give a definite answer to that, but Racetech have a spring rate calculator on their website which will give you a guide. Stock springs at 1.00 should be ok. Stick a ziptie on the fork leg to monitor movement and help with setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.