Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at luggage options for my 10 given that I commute @ 1200-1500 miles a month. Durability, accomadating a laptop, and high speed compatability were my top priorities. The cortech setup met all my needs and then some. I went with the mini tank bag, sport tail bag, and sport saddle bags. The tail bag/saddle bag combo is sweet and can fit as much travel gear as I will ever need as well as my laptop (Dell d510 in the tailbag). The tank bag is the perfect size and holds my tomtom and phone where I can check them out easily. The setup also fits the bike pretty well and doesn't get in my way.

I know this isn't for everyone but I log alot of miles on my bike and I hated wearing a backpack. Next on the mod list are some new grips and corbin saddle and the 10 will be ready to roll.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
not to bad, yes once you change your grips your rides will be even better... Im thinking of trying out some of the spyder grips Ive seen around... not to sure though yet ??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice, something to think about. I didn't mind a backpack on my GPZ1100 but with this far of a lean it becomes a burden, so I was considering some side bags or a tail bag.

Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, something to think about. I didn't mind a backpack on my GPZ1100 but with this far of a lean it becomes a burden, so I was considering some side bags or a tail bag.

Thanks for the review.
I notice a backpack more on this bike than any other, especially when it's windy. I was able to take a few runs down I95 and the bags don't move around at all up to my maximum cruising speeds.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I never have any problems with wearing a backpack... dont mind it at all... its just putting it on thats the pain in the ass LOL ..

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i know its been a minute since this thread has been active...but i like your bags..have you still not have any problems with your bags moving or shifting? what about scratching your tail section?

how fast have you gone with these bags...:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had any problems with them. On a recent trip to Mexico I'd say they saw around 140-150 and they were still with me. The did leave some black marks on the tail but it came off real easy with wax. I have them off right now but would probably put some sort of tape down as a buffer for extended use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts