Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at luggage options for my 10 given that I commute @ 1200-1500 miles a month. Durability, accomadating a laptop, and high speed compatability were my top priorities. The cortech setup met all my needs and then some. I went with the mini tank bag, sport tail bag, and sport saddle bags. The tail bag/saddle bag combo is sweet and can fit as much travel gear as I will ever need as well as my laptop (Dell d510 in the tailbag). The tank bag is the perfect size and holds my tomtom and phone where I can check them out easily. The setup also fits the bike pretty well and doesn't get in my way.

I know this isn't for everyone but I log alot of miles on my bike and I hated wearing a backpack. Next on the mod list are some new grips and corbin saddle and the 10 will be ready to roll.

Attachments

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, something to think about. I didn't mind a backpack on my GPZ1100 but with this far of a lean it becomes a burden, so I was considering some side bags or a tail bag.

Thanks for the review.
I notice a backpack more on this bike than any other, especially when it's windy. I was able to take a few runs down I95 and the bags don't move around at all up to my maximum cruising speeds.

· Registered
3,051 Posts
i know its been a minute since this thread has been active...but i like your bags..have you still not have any problems with your bags moving or shifting? what about scratching your tail section?

how fast have you gone with these bags...:)

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't had any problems with them. On a recent trip to Mexico I'd say they saw around 140-150 and they were still with me. The did leave some black marks on the tail but it came off real easy with wax. I have them off right now but would probably put some sort of tape down as a buffer for extended use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.