Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished my "commuter bike" project (INSPIRED BY DRAIN FADE AND ZX10MIAMI) using the passenger seat of my 08 ZX10R. I purchased a spare passenger seat and an Emgo topcase for the project. I decided to keep the padding and the vinyl on the passenger seat instead of stripping it. I am very pleased with the way it came out and the functionality of it is AWESOME! I carry a lot of papers and books with me to work everyday so this will be a more convenient alternative to my tank bag. Thanks for all the tips and help...I LOVE THIS FORUM:eek:ccasion1...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Are you a college kid trying to make it through school delivering pizzas???

JK, its cool!

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
That is great! I was thinking of doing the same thing with my 10 and Duc. I love going on long trips and not having to carry a backpck. Well done! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
To each their own, I hate trunk boxes. Especially loaded. It makes the center of gravity feel a.) way farther back, and b.) really high. I know a lot of people hate riding with backpacks, but if I have a pack with 40lbs in it - it just feels like I gained 40lbs, not like I'm on a different bike.

Hope it works great for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thats like putting perfume on a pig.. It dont make scents ????? Nice bike under the tickle trunk lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
get a backpack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've ridden with backpacks but I don't like the way the contents of the bag shift when you're leaning...feels like someone's trying to pull me off the bike...lol. I also have a tank bag and that's pretty good except when you're at work and staples get caught to the magnets without you knowing...leaving LONG UGLY SCRATCHES on your pretty black gas tank...:sad:. This (as ugly as it may look) saves me all of those worries :badteeth:.

PLUS,

When I want to go back to "stylin" mode, I just switch my passenger seat with the stock one I have:smile:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I've ridden with backpacks but I don't like the way the contents of the bag shift when you're leaning...feels like someone's trying to pull me off the bike...lol. I also have a tank bag and that's pretty good except when you're at work and staples get caught to the magnets without you knowing...leaving LONG UGLY SCRATCHES on your pretty black gas tank...:sad:. This (as ugly as it may look) saves me all of those worries :badteeth:.

PLUS,

When I want to go back to "stylin" mode, I just switch my passenger seat with the stock one I have:smile:
Dude that is a nice set up. i hate back packs. If you are on a long ride and it's hot it's a bitch to get them off. i wear leather jacket so back pack is a pain. When I do long trips I take my back pack and strap it to the back seat.

Nice 189MPH commuter bike:lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude that is a nice set up. i hate back packs. If you are on a long ride and it's hot it's a bitch to get them off. i wear leather jacket so back pack is a pain. When I do long trips I take my back pack and strap it to the back seat.

Nice 189MPH commuter bike:lol:
Thanks bro, I totally agree with you:eek:ccasion1. Me and my buddies rode from NYC to Florida in 26 hours straight and I WISH I had this setup back then. Instead I had a dufflebag full of extra gear and tools strapped to my tail with a cargo net. Needless to say, for 26 hours I kept wondering if the F*cking bag was still behind me. With that kind of mileage I hated having the extra mental distraction as I was trying to stay awake too...LOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is great! I was thinking of doing the same thing with my 10 and Duc. I love going on long trips and not having to carry a backpck. Well done! :thumbsup:
Thanks Honez...I appreciate the support. Let me know how yours turns out!:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 62 Posts