Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a lot of runs tonight. First three were against a 2007 GSX-R 750.

Heres a breakdown:

Myself - 2008 ZX-10
Bone ass stock (ok - it has a Puig windscreen :lol:)
290lbs rider

Travis - 2007 GSX-R 750
Full Akrapovic Exhaust ($2000 worth)
Power Commander 3 - full Custom map
520 conversion with +2 on the rear sprocket
Air filter
TRE
Speedohealer
134rwhp
150lb rider

Out of three we only got one clean run in per say. He said he didn't hear me honk - which is believable. It was a 60mph roll-on. Anyways, he said he took off after I did and while I was not pulling away, he said he was not pulling me in. Basically, had we took off at the same time we would have been side by side.

Last runs:

Myself vs:

2006 Hayabusa
Air Filter
Brocks Alienhead full exhaust
Power Commander 3
Stretched - probably about 5-6 inches
225lb rider

50 roll. We were side by side from the start (50) until about 140 or so where he ever so slowly crept out on me. Side by side for the most part. When I shut off at 165 he was out maybe 1.5 bikes or so. He said he started in third gear - which I know is a crock of shit. He said later in the night he never went wide open - which is also a crock of shit. It won't take much mod wise to take care of him - just a front sprocket, OR PC3, OR exhaust - only need 1 of the 3 LOL!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Now, that's what I like to hear....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
how the hell did a 750 keep up with you??
+1.. I would assume it was because of the 290lb rider, but then if you turned around a kept up with the Busa that doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i mean i understand that a 750 or 600 can keep the throttle pinned all the way to redline without any hesitations, whereas, in a liter, you'll be 12'o clocking in no time; so i can see that being the reason...... but still, a 750 is putting down atleast 40hp less than a liter

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
+1.. I would assume it was because of the 290lb rider, but then if you turned around a kept up with the Busa that doesn't make sense.

come on guys, a Gix 750 with those mods can get over 170mph really quick. It weighs like a ZX10R 1st gen(now much less with the pipe), the guy has a 115lb advantage and over 30lb advantage bike wise or much more if the 08 10R is pure stock...so lets play the conservative card ~ 150lbs total +....that's a +21hp gain for the 750 which now would make it a Race.....see equal mathematics can make sense sometimes. :cool:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
come on guys, a Gix 750 with those mods can get over 170mph really quick. It weighs like a ZX10R 1st gen(now much less with the pipe), the guy has a 115lb advantage and over 30lb advantage bike wise or much more if the 08 10R is pure stock...so lets play the conservative card ~ 150lbs total +....that's a +21hp gain for the 750 which now would make it a Race.....see equal mathematics can make sense sometimes. :cool:
I guess, I'm not saying that logic is flawed...so why did he keep up with the Busa then?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I guess, I'm not saying that logic is flawed...so why did he keep up with the Busa then?
busa's always weigh over 100lbs than a ZX10R ...and this ZX10R has some major power stock or modified. :wink:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The 750 and Busa are pretty much equal. The Busa creeps out over 140 on the 750 like it did for me. For some reason I had the Busa rider as weighing 175 - he weighs 225-230.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Nice...love killing gixxers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

I ran the same Busa again last night. We ran from 60-165. We were SIDE BY SIDE the entire way. Words can not describe how close the race was. I think I may have pulled out on him at 165 but I missed 5th gear. I have my shift light set low at 12,800 for just that reason (to still hit a gear if I initially miss it). Shift light came on, I fumbled the gear, I tried again, then I hear the rev limiter.

He asked me what I had changed since last time. I told him seat time. :lol:

I am EXTREMELY happy with the bike. I mean, I'm 290lbs on a BONE STOCK bike with only 5 weeks of seat time on it and I'm right there with a Busa with full exhaust, PC3 w/ custom map, air filter, sprockets, etc, and a 60-70lb lighter rider. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts