Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

08 zx 10 suspension head ache

898 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  michael4012 
#1 ·
Gday fellas, been out of bike scene for a while, recently got a bike, midlife crisis? found a good nick 2008 zx 10, more than enough power for me, but,the suspension is driving me nuts,, im not a track rider,but i where i live,there plenty curves and bends in roads, but also bumpy,pot hole ect, from what ive read, i need to get softer front spring and oil and stiffer rear spring. Im not going the ohlins option, so. About 90 92 kilo with helmet ect,just street riding,but would like to put ventura rack on,and do some long trips, ok any suggestions on spring brands? And the weights, cheers fellas,taz dave

#2 ·
Not knowing the service history of the bike? When was oil last changed? And its a hotter climate down under.....so.
Weight 90-92 total up is similar to a stock G3 i had using similar to yours. I suggest first thing we do before you splash any cash is try these settings!!! With 4mm tube above triple clamp (this is important to not skip)
Front Preload=3 lines showing. Front rebound 8 clicks out. F compression 15 clicks out. Rear preload 25mm thread above tab. Rear rebound 1.25 turns out. Rear compression 3 turns out. Try that then post feedback and we will see but i expect you will only need a rear spring, But lets see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.