Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a few questions. The last 10 I had was an 07. I was going to just ride supermoto this year, but I have the option to get an 08 new for 7k. This is new at the dealer. Think I'll find a better deal in the spring?

Anyway, what are the differences between the 08's 09's 10's? Were there any problem issues with the 08's? I searched the forum, but I'm surfing from a Blackberry and it's pretty time consuming to search.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Probably won't be able to get it any cheaper. Not really any problems with the 08-09's, the 10's got minor updates.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have an 08 with 7400 miles and I haven't had any problems yet...she's rock solid...as far as differences between the 08's and 09's I think the only difference is the paint

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I will prob get it then since 7k with a factory warranty for a new bike seems like the best I'm going to find. Even with taxes and tags and the 199 prep charge I'll still be under 8k. The only colors they have are blue and green. I was hoping for black, but I'll see if I can find a member that wants to trade plastics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
08 and 09 only difference is the paint, and the 2010 i think they made a little change to the tranny, like they did in the 09 zx6r just too make it shift smoother, i didnt think that was possible i have an 08 and it shifts smooth as butter. I would get the 08 for sure that is a killer price. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I will prob get it then since 7k with a factory warranty for a new bike seems like the best I'm going to find. Even with taxes and tags and the 199 prep charge I'll still be under 8k. The only colors they have are blue and green. I was hoping for black, but I'll see if I can find a member that wants to trade plastics.
That's a great deal.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
08 and 09 only difference is the paint, and the 2010 i think they made a little change to the tranny, like they did in the 09 zx6r just too make it shift smoother, i didnt think that was possible i have an 08 and it shifts smooth as butter. I would get the 08 for sure that is a killer price. :eek:ccasion1
yeah you're right about the tranny man, and they also streamlined that whale penis exhaust can and the painted it all black too:smile:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a great deal.
I thought so as well. I wasn't in the market since I don't ride street so much anymore, but I found myself looking at a 08 Daytona 675 for 7k, and then I started looking around and a guy called me up offering me an 08 10R for the same price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah you're right about the tranny man, and they also streamlined that whale penis exhaust can and the painted it all black too:smile:
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: I know i hate the POS can... I have to get up to the stealership this week and swipe the kawi card and pick up another can... cause your right on man it looks like a big dildo :crackup:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will a newer factory can fit on the 08? I'd like to have a black one. I don't want to go aftermarket since I'm not a big fan of the louder pipes. Even with earplugs I felt deaf after a day at the track with my Arrow cans on the 07.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Will a newer factory can fit on the 08? I'd like to have a black one. I don't want to go aftermarket since I'm not a big fan of the louder pipes. Even with earplugs I felt deaf after a day at the track with my Arrow cans on the 07.
ya they just changed the color it will bolt right up :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
31 Posts
That should make it easy to find one used on the forums for a decent price!:cool:
Possibly. Im not sure how many people actualy have a 2010 though.
Are they even available yet:dontknow:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, they will soon enough. :cool: I'm not sure when they will be released.
Well i guess i will find out when i go up to the stealership and buy my new can i will ask them. And i might just test ride one too see what the hype is about the tranny being smoother:mrgreen::helmet:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I was just reading around the forum and it seems like they never fixed the issues with the damper from the 2nd gen bikes. Guess I'll be modding that. I really like the orange color that was available.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The 10's are out,I picked one up 3 weeks ago and they are sweet.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
That should make it easy to find one used on the forums for a decent price!:cool:
just get an aftermarket exhaust. the 2010 exhaust is nicer, but its still stock and upgradable.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
the leo vince slip on i have now is decently loud, but once ya put the baffle in, its real quite, almost as quite as stock

the only difference ive seen is the 09 had different color options than the 08...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yes get it its a steal; i slightly hate you for this infact, considering I paid 12k on mine back in 08 ... i love my kawis but goddamn, NEVER paying full retail again, esp when there are now AMA spec full on race bikes wi/ ohlin and brembo everything for 9k flat..arhghg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts