Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year to all.....
Looking to take my front tire off, looking at the the front axle set up it looks a bit different, and there is nothing in my tool kit that looks like it will help in getting it off. He set up isdiferent than the first gen that I had and I'm scratching my head. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
first you need to take of both brake calipers. i think they are 12mm bolts. (dont touch the front brake master cylinder after you take off the calipers).then you need either a 17mm 0r 19mm hex. motion pro sells a front axle tool ($30) with about 4 different sizes on it. you need to loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the left fork bottom (if your lookin at the front of the bike) then put in the 17 or 19mm tool and loosen the axle. the axle will come out of the left side of the bike(if your lookin at the front). when puttin it backon make sure you have both spacer on the wheel and they dont fall off while puttin the axle back through. :thumbsup:
Happy new year to all.....
Looking to take my front tire off, looking at the the front axle set up it looks a bit different, and there is nothing in my tool kit that looks like it will help in getting it off. He set up isdiferent than the first gen that I had and I'm scratching my head. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first you need to take of both brake calipers. i think they are 12mm bolts. (dont touch the front brake master cylinder after you take off the calipers).then you need either a 17mm 0r 19mm hex. motion pro sells a front axle tool ($30) with about 4 different sizes on it. you need to loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the left fork bottom (if your lookin at the front of the bike) then put in the 17 or 19mm tool and loosen the axle. the axle will come out of the left side of the bike(if your lookin at the front). when puttin it backon make sure you have both spacer on the wheel and they dont fall off while puttin the axle back through. :thumbsup:
Much thanks!!!!! On another note I know you havethe kent cams...was wondering if you installed them and your thoughts on them. Did you get any head work done??? If so any recommendations?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You should be able to go to a Ace Hardware and find a 19mm bolt. Then put two 19mm nuts on the bolt. Insert the head of the bolt into left side of the axle, then use your favorite wrench to loosen/tighten the axle.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
That's better than the 2nd Gen front axle. I had to run all around to find a 27mm axle socket for the front wheel(rear is 24mm):badteeth:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just got my 2008 ZX-10R. I removed the front wheel today using this from Ace Hardware. Cost me about $5....f'ing San Diego prices.
Shit man, I paid $30 here in Aus for that hex.:BangHead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts