Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Kawasaki, but not motorcycles. So far, this bike has the loudest motor I've ever had in a motorcycle, but after swapping to a full system, the injectors are really loud (I'm pretty sure its injectors anyway). The ticking is audible at idle and at lower rpm's and immediately goes away when the throttle is closed (again making me think injectors). The bike has 289 miles on it, and everything was torqued to specs on the install.

Excuse the crappy camera skills, I'm using my phone and trying to find the best spot to capture the ticking.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Your video is not working , but it is possible you are hearing a exhuast leak, it will sound like a tick as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its still processing or w/e. I've thought exhaust leak too, I'll have to check in the daylight to see if that is what the noise is from.

Edit: Vid is working now

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Its still processing or w/e. I've thought exhaust leak too, I'll have to check in the daylight to see if that is what the noise is from.

Edit: Vid is working now

OK, heard it now, hard to tell from the video, Kawi motors are notoriously noisy, almost "tractor" like. Its part of their charm I guess. Kinda like that fucking clankety clank dry clutch on the Duc's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, heard it now, hard to tell from the video, Kawi motors are notoriously noisy, almost "tractor" like. Its part of their charm I guess. Kinda like that fucking clankety clank dry clutch on the Duc's
That is what I'm hoping it is, but the noise didn't have such a presence before. I may just be paranoid, idk. Definitely going to be checking for exhaust leaks tomorrow though. I can't really ride it, no fuel computer yet so that gives me time to make sure the exhaust is perfect.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That is what I'm hoping it is, but the noise didn't have such a presence before. I may just be paranoid, idk. Definitely going to be checking for exhaust leaks tomorrow though. I can't really ride it, no fuel computer yet so that gives me time to make sure the exhaust is perfect.
when i fitted my full akro i thought id been super carefull fitting it,but when i started her up i had a leak(ticking)i put some water on all joints and spotted the bubbling..phoned performance parts uk(akro importers)and they said to put some standard clear bathroom silicon sealant in the joint when fitting?,they said not to use the antiseaze paste as that is only for the ti systems?anyhow i used some sealant with copper in it to take 400'c,i put plenty on the male part of the joint and left the exsess silicon till it dried and just peeled it off,u cant even see it then, and it sealed every joint perfect..is must me a silicon though as theres no particals in it..hope this helps:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Krakers, I stole your method and found the leak(s). One is at the cylinder head, the other is at the y pipe. Hopefully I'll have them fixed this weekend.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 08 doesn't sound anything like that at all. I don't have a video camera but looks like I need to finally break down and buy one.
I don't have one either, that was taken with my phone. I've figured it out though, the bike is all apart, and new exhaust gaskets get here tomorrow, along with some high temp rtv. Hopefully I'll have a new video of what it should sound like after I ride around with my laptop (in a backpack lol) and wideband hooked up so I can find out where all the lean spots are in the fuel map, the included power commander maps fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts