Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my bike tuned today by Moon's Supercycle in Milwaukee, WI. Greg Moon is a super nice guy and really knows his stuff. I never dynoed the bike stock, My mods are: Racefit growler, PCIII, and Healtech XTRE. Initial # was 156hp, after numerous runs and a few hours, Greg got 165.52 HP & 78.30 TQ. I rode the bike home afterwards 70 miles and got to open her up on the hwy, What a difference!! it is so much smoother, and it hauls like never before!!! power everywhere. I feel like I bought a new bike. I strongly recommend a custom tune, it is well worth it. And for those in the area, Greg Moon is the man to see, much cheaper than every other place I called, and took his time to do everything very precise. He also calibrated my throttle and adjusted my suspension a bit. I am very happy with the bike right now. I will post the sheet tomorrow. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Graph on second page of this thread!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
that sounds about right, I pulled a 159-160 base before and 169hp after, night to day, but I want more, 180hp +, but numbers are numbers, the riding after is where you can tell, by just feel

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think the growler attaches right after the cat and deletes the "box".
correct.

But I think the numbers before the custom map was a little bit low??
Maybe its not a "happy" dyno you tuned your bike on.:dontknow:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a great experience...nothing like a custom tuned bike.
Any chance you can post up your graph?
I will post the graph this afternoon. thx.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
correct.

But I think the numbers before the custom map was a little bit low??
Maybe its not a "happy" dyno you tuned your bike on.:dontknow:
I thought my initial # was low also, the bike was not running like it should with the map I got from dynojet, dont know if that is why? I wished I had done a stock run to see if I lost or gained after the pipe install. In any case the bike runs perfect now, I couldnt believe how good it was running after the tune. The tuner I used concentrates on making the bike run perfect and getting usable power, not just getting a high number on top. Which I think makes alot of sense. I rather have a perfect running bike in all the range than to have 180hp and it runs like shit. With a full pipe I think it probably would have been in the 170's. At first I wished I had gotten a full system, but after riding it, I am very happy. It is crazy fast and smooth!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I feel the bike with the Dynojet map for the Growler suits me quite well... but if I had the possibilites for getting a custom map, that would be great, maybe you could give me yours?? I could try it out to check if it feels any better.:eek:ccasion1

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Thats sweet man, did you remove your cats too or leave them and just put on the growler? Either way there is nothin like a fast and strong running machine!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats sweet man, did you remove your cats too or leave them and just put on the growler? Either way there is nothin like a fast and strong running machine!
I just put the growler on, no other mods.you are right ther e is nothing like when a machine is running perfect!! here is the graph!! let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Milwaukee representin' woot. I am going to have to ride up there when I get a system...was going to go to Firehouse locally but they are more Hardley oriented.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx for the positive responses. Cant wait to get back out on it. hopefully no rain tomorrow!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts