Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on my way home from work I had a revelation!

Somehow everything about the 2008 10R was absolutely spot on:
- The controls are where you'd expect them to be
- The seating position is very comfy and "protected"
- It feels like you're gripping directly on the front wheel axel, the feel of control is complete
- It feels like the feet are resting on the rear wheel axel, total control.
- The breaks are spot on. You know what to expect and stoppies comes everywhere.
- The engine is just right. No need to look at the rpms. You know where you are.
- You guess the speed pretty correctly
- Where you see, you end up. It's effortless to ride the bike

I have problems describing it, but it was like I was one with the bike.
It's like the bike is mind-controlled.

Took me about 2300km (1400 miles). I have experienced similar feelings on other bikes (Aprilia RSV, and the TL1000S), but not this fast and as total as this.

I officially love the 2008 ZX-10R.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Last night on my way home from work I had a revelation!

Somehow everything about the 2008 10R was absolutely spot on:
- The controls are where you'd expect them to be
- The seating position is very comfy and "protected"
- It feels like you're gripping directly on the front wheel axel, the feel of control is complete
- It feels like the feet are resting on the rear wheel axel, total control.
- The breaks are spot on. You know what to expect and stoppies comes everywhere.
- The engine is just right. No need to look at the rpms. You know where you are.
- You guess the speed pretty correctly
- Where you see, you end up. It's effortless to ride the bike

I have problems describing it, but it was like I was one with the bike.
It's like the bike is mind-controlled.

Took me about 2300km (1400 miles). I have experienced similar feelings on other bikes (Aprilia RSV, and the TL1000S), but not this fast and as total as this.

I officially love the 2008 ZX-10R.
I agree I would say, good write up. By the upcomming days, I will finish the break in. And I'll really enjoy the potential that this bike have.:helmet:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
my only complaint would be...for some reason maybe its just me, but my 08 10 drinks a ton of fuel, man i had to fill up twice in one day and i only went bout 60 miles
You're odometer must be off. I went farther than that on a tank with -1 sprocket and a SH at the track. :dontknow:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
ill be getting a PClll asap, i just need to find a way to get it tuned
I am sitting here right now waiting on the Fed Ex truck to deliver my PC3.

I got it for $290.00 shipped Next Day Air. That price did include the next day air shipping. So thats a good price.

While I sit here and wait, I have been going thru dozens of maps on Dynojets website and the ones on this site looking for patterns.

I decided I have been a guinny pig enough. Someone else can develop the Bazzaz shit for Bazzaz and work the bugs out. Plenty of people doing that on 600RR.net already. Since the self mapping isn't real time, just data logging and suggesting changes to the map, its really not much different than a PC3 and a Wide band Commander. I don't need traction control. Hence the PC3 will do what I need till the Bazzaz shit is proven.

JJ

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have to admit... I am really loving this bike. So far, its the handling.... night and day better than the 06. leans easier, and feels more accurate. Power wise...to early to tell for me. I am keeping the RMS down for break in.... but the little that I feel....its doest seem to have grunt of the 06 so far. But I only have 200kms on it, so the engine has to loosen up and I need to be able to get the revs up before I know for sure. So far.... I am in love with the feel of it, and have learned to like it.

THE UGLY MUFFLER HAS TO GO!!!!!

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the whole sentiment. The demo rides I had done were not really enough to get the true feel of the bike. However I had a chance this past weekend to go out with a local group a really hit some curves. Dayum. Best time you can have for the cost of a tank-o-gas this side of Tijuana. Seriously though, the changes to the handling really show up when you start to push it and I love it. Yes, the power band is different and the feel of the power delivery just seems less aggressive than the gen2...but I really like it. Can't wait for the next track day to show up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts