Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap is this thing a pita to install or is it just me?

I bought the clear alternatives tail light. Figured I have to pull the tail section so I start to take it apart. I notice I need to take off the side covers, they are freaking 2 sided taped on???

I looked around for a how to and couldn't find one. Anyone have any advice on the easiest way to install this thing??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well got it in last night, to say the least i am not impressed. the thing fits like crap it just wobbels around losely. im taking it back apart today and if i cant get it to fit better if not the stocker is going back in.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
did you use the rubber grommets from the factory taillight if it didnt come with the clear alternatives. i have the smoked one from C.A. and i like it. was a little bit of a PITA.
well got it in last night, to say the least i am not impressed. the thing fits like crap it just wobbels around losely. im taking it back apart today and if i cant get it to fit better if not the stocker is going back in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you use the rubber grommets from the factory taillight if it didnt come with the clear alternatives. i have the smoked one from C.A. and i like it. was a little bit of a PITA.

yup i reused the rubber pieces off the stock light. it was a huge pita getting it in the first time but now it wont take longer then 15 mins to get it out.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
it should fit good man...I've had mine in for almost a year and I've never had any problems with it

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm a idiot there is a rubber piece that goes above the taillight. I took the tail off the rubber piece fell on the ground and then it clicked. It's all good now!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Well I'm a idiot there is a rubber piece that goes above the taillight. I took the tail off the rubber piece fell on the ground and then it clicked. It's all good now!!
Prolly why my stock tail light rattles around on my 09 now after pulling my tail apart and fitting my fender eliminator, damn!
No chance on finding that rubber now 9 months later:sad:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Holy crap is this thing a pita to install or is it just me?

I bought the clear alternatives tail light. Figured I have to pull the tail section so I start to take it apart. I notice I need to take off the side covers, they are freaking 2 sided taped on???

I looked around for a how to and couldn't find one. Anyone have any advice on the easiest way to install this thing??
dude its not rocket science, i swithced out my 08 tail light in like 20 min including the 2 wires i stripped and just shoved into the back of the stock wire clips wrapped with electrical tape as to not cut the oem harness:thumbsup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude its not rocket science, i swithced out my 08 tail light in like 20 min including the 2 wires i stripped and just shoved into the back of the stock wire clips wrapped with electrical tape as to not cut the oem harness:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I got it now boss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts