Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2008 ZX-10 speedometer with the gear indicator work on the 06/07 model? I'd like to get one for my bike if it works.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Dude, there are about 3 people with 08's......and not one that im aware of has torn it apart and tinkered with it.

I think your question is a bit premature.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Unless you want to wait a year to try it, it would definitely be cheaper to just purchase a gear indicator. That cluster is WWAAAYYY to expensive right now. Just my $.02

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting question though, will be a while before it will be resolved. Makes you wonder why it was not part of the gen2 bikes. That is one thing that I really wish was part of the OEM package. GIPro is the way to go I guess.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude, there are about 3 people with 08's......and not one that im aware of has torn it apart and tinkered with it.

I think your question is a bit premature.
:+1:

Just be patient until squids crashed their bike :lol: and sold in cheapbay, will be great project for bluedevil. Bloo did a 06 guage swap to a 05 and made a 04-05 gear indicator :mrgreen:.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Actually IBzx10R I am curios if it would work also but not for the Gear Indicator as I have a GiPro for the moment.

I like the looks of the dial face much better and it uses real glass versus plastic that is prone to melt if parked in the sunshine in the wrong direction. So I may be replacing mine in the future sometime as well.

JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts