Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2008 10R rear shock will fit on a 06 10R? Im not sure if it will bolt on and not sure about the resivoir clearance either. Also wondering if the 08 swingarm will work too or if that will screw up the geometry?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
08 shock will fit. Been there done that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Bolt and go? How much did it improve the ride?
It was okay... Im only 145 naked so i didnt squash the stock coil very much. It's no penske or ohlins by any means either so dont expect that kind of performance.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It was okay... Im only 145 naked so i didnt squash the stock coil very much. It's no penske or ohlins by any means either so dont expect that kind of performance.
lol!!!! I wonder if the 08 spring is a heavier wt than the 06. Im right at 200 with no gear

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, the stock 08 spring bis a 10.0 while the 06-07 is a 8.7 if memory serves me. Linkage ratios are close enough that valving isn't a ton off when you drop spring rate for a light rider. Don't have the HS comp turned in very far at all. start at 3 turns out at most. We have re-valved Gen 3 shocks on the shelves for fitment to gen 1 and gen 2. A 145 pound rider with a stock gen3 shock/spring on a gen2 - Nope. Not a good setup. WAIT!!!! Unless you ride double a lot and your GF is substantial - then, it makes sense.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Yes, the stock 08 spring bis a 10.0 while the 06-07 is a 8.7 if memory serves me. Linkage ratios are close enough that valving isn't a ton off when you drop spring rate for a light rider. Don't have the HS comp turned in very far at all. start at 3 turns out at most. We have re-valved Gen 3 shocks on the shelves for fitment to gen 1 and gen 2. A 145 pound rider with a stock gen3 shock/spring on a gen2 - Nope. Not a good setup. WAIT!!!! Unless you ride double a lot and your GF is substantial - then, it makes sense.
fyi...

Gen III stock rear spring rate is 9.1 designed for 145/150lb rider

front springs rate is 1.0 designed for 200lb+ rider

·
Registered
145 Posts
fyi...

Gen III stock rear spring rate is 9.1 designed for 145/150lb rider

front springs rate is 1.0 designed for 200lb+ rider
Opps! Yes, the 10.0 rear spring was gen 1 only. However, don't believe everyting you read on supplier web sites. Not one single fork spring out of any of the gen1,2,3 measured anything near 1.0. More like 9.25 to 9.5. That's why a swap to an Ohlins (or similar "PROPER" length) spring with a rate of 1.0 acts much stiffer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts