Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body seen or used the Lockhart Phillips LED replacement blinkers. I can't post the picture, but it is in there online catalogue on page 154. What you guys think?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
This is how I will say it, dont waste your money on a $100 dollar set of leds regardless if it comes with a block off plate/led meshed together. What I did is I messured the bolts of the stock mirrors and they were the same as 07cbr1000rr mirrors. So I fitted my bike with cbr1000rr mirrors then took the turn signal wires and wired them to my running lights that sit in the same housing as my headlights and all for a low price of $30 off ebay for the mirrors. Best little mod I have dont other then my hole led light kit on the bike. Trust me 07cbr1000rr mirrors look 150% better then stock and the turn signals as my running lights just looks plain oem like it came from the factory like that. I think this is how the bike should of came. Would of had better sales with simple things like this.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This is how I will say it, dont waste your money on a $100 dollar set of leds regardless if it comes with a block off plate/led meshed together. What I did is I messured the bolts of the stock mirrors and they were the same as 07cbr1000rr mirrors. So I fitted my bike with cbr1000rr mirrors then took the turn signal wires and wired them to my running lights that sit in the same housing as my headlights and all for a low price of $30 off ebay for the mirrors. Best little mod I have dont other then my hole led light kit on the bike. Trust me 07cbr1000rr mirrors look 150% better then stock and the turn signals as my running lights just looks plain oem like it came from the factory like that. I think this is how the bike should of came. Would of had better sales with simple things like this.
Please post some pics, I would love to see how they look.

·
5,932 Posts
I think you asked before, I just moved in my place the last time you asked haha, I'll take pictures today for sure

·
Registered
641 Posts
in for pics...do it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
how well does it fit in the fairing does it line up with the cut out. Did you use factory oem or just e-bay 07 cbr mirror.Thanks have o9 hate the mirrors

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pics would be appreciated! And how did you wire the turn signals into the running lights? Any splicing or whatnot required?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I did something similar to that!! But kept my kawi mirrors just removed the turnsignals.

What did you use to slow down the turnsignal... I used resisters 100 but would like it a little slower.

Running light turn signals

·
Registered
292 Posts
I did something similar to that!! But kept my kawi mirrors just removed the turnsignals.

What did you use to slow down the turnsignal... I used resisters 100 but would like it a little slower.

Running light turn signals
With the small Euro LED indicator kawasaki recommends using 47OHM resisters to slow the flash down.

I would say that this should slow it down to the right speed?

I have ordered them now i am just waiting for my superbright LEDs to come.

The resistors are about half way down the page.

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/index.ph...&AccessorySelected=true&CatCode=MC&SubCode=SS

·
Registered
531 Posts
With the small Euro LED indicator kawasaki recommends using 47OHM resisters to slow the flash down.

I would say that this should slow it down to the right speed?

I have ordered them now i am just waiting for my superbright LEDs to come.

The resistors are about half way down the page.

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/index.ph...&AccessorySelected=true&CatCode=MC&SubCode=SS
Thanks!!! I do need to add leds. I will say its a pain in the arse to get to the wiring.. doesn't take long but you have to partially remove the meter, gauge, indicator unit. and the wellnuts are a bitch!!!

·
5,932 Posts
I was just about to post up a picture haha, really no need, yes they are the same! Did you run your running lights as your blinkers also? Bar end mirriors look great, I had them on before my cbr mirrors but one fell striaght out of my bars one day pulling a wheelie in 3rd. That bar end was cheap either haha, like 90 bucks. So after that I said heck I will just buy some cbr mirrors

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
No, I didnt keep the running lights hooked up. I like how it looks with just the HIDs up front

1 - 20 of 32 Posts