Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK looking for a little info and sorry for asking because i know this has probably been covered a hundred times. I am taking my head to shop next week and i just bought the new valve retainers and keepers . Is there a place to get a mild race cam for cheap or possibly a 08 stock cam for cheap that anyone knows of . I am not up grading the bottom end just replacing the valve retainers that shattered and am on a small budget . also looking for suggestions on head gasket sizes , any info anyone has would be awesome , thanks again !!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Did your cam get damaged? Cheapest option would be a 0.50 HG from Kawi and degree your stock cams. The '08 race intake cam can be had new for around $100 if you did need/want to replace the intake cam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can i get the 08 race cam for $100 . am interested in seeing that , and thanks again for the info

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
where can i get the 08 race cam for $100 . am interested in seeing that , and thanks again for the info
I'm doin the same on my 1st gen, well and then some, but i'm tryin the 08 cam as well. I hope you went with stock retainers. Not Ti. I herd the Ti's break down pretty quick.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
yeah you can stick with stock retainers as I think the part #s superceded to a newer # and are a little better. i put gen 3 retainers in as i had an extra set. I can probably get u the cam and .50hg pretty cheap. somewhere in the $115-120 range as i have for a few other members on here. pm me if interested
OK looking for a little info and sorry for asking because i know this has probably been covered a hundred times. I am taking my head to shop next week and i just bought the new valve retainers and keepers . Is there a place to get a mild race cam for cheap or possibly a 08 stock cam for cheap that anyone knows of . I am not up grading the bottom end just replacing the valve retainers that shattered and am on a small budget . also looking for suggestions on head gasket sizes , any info anyone has would be awesome , thanks again !!
:+1:
Did your cam get damaged? Cheapest option would be a 0.50 HG from Kawi and degree your stock cams. The '08 race intake cam can be had new for around $100 if you did need/want to replace the intake cam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found the cam on ron ayers website and spoke to them yesterday but cant seem to find the part number for the .50 gasket . dont have alot of time next couple of days with work and all so ill probably have to wait till this weekend . I was going to go ti on the retainers but i changed my mind when i ready up on the kawi race team

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
yeah you can stick with stock retainers as I think the part #s superceded to a newer # and are a little better. i put gen 3 retainers in as i had an extra set. I can probably get u the cam and .50hg pretty cheap. somewhere in the $115-120 range as i have for a few other members on here. pm me if interested

:+1:
Damn, there that cheap now...i might get a set just for GP. pm sent:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts