Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the R&G Racing Frame Sliders on my '08 ZX-10R and the replacement coolant tank leaks, without the bike even running. I tried about 3 different types and sizes of hose clamps, but it still leaked from the bottom where the hose connects. So I put the stock tank on and no leaks. I called and got a replacement tank for the leaking one, installed it and it leaks from the same spot. Has anyone had this problem ? Thanks in Advanced

·
Registered
394 Posts
Installed mine two weeks ago. No leAks for me. Did u possibly tear the hose when u originally removed the oem tank?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed mine two weeks ago. No leAks for me. Did u possibly tear the hose when u originally removed the oem tank?
That is what I thought, so I cut some of the tube off w/ a hose cutter and there shouldn't really be much pressure to the tank or hoses. Did you reuse the stock clamps too ? I just ran the bike for about a week w/ the stock tank on and had no leaks. As soon as I put the coolant in the new tank it started to seep from where the hose connects to the bottom of the tank. They are sending me a new tank, so hopefully it was just a fluke w/ the other two tanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Had the sliders on for 2 seasons and not a dribble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts