Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

'08 Ninja 250R Pictures and Info!!!

41K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  kawiralph 
#1 · (Edited)
Click images to enlarge

2008 KAWASAKI NINJA® 250R SUPERSPORT OFFERS AUTHENTIC NINJA STYLE AND PERFORMANCE

Quick, Affordable, Fuel Efficient, Easy to Ride and Great Looking

One look at the new Ninja 250R tells everyone that this bike is the genuine article. With a new full-fairing similar to the Ninja ZX-6R and -10R supersport bikes, a single kicked-up muffler, UNI-TRAK® rear suspension, high-performance petal disc brakes and a dual seat, this is the most stylish performer in its category.

Compact size, exceptional personality and a low price tag highlight Kawasaki’s new Ninja® 250R quarter-liter performer. Considering how much fun it is to ride and the fact that it’s the only 250cc sportbike sold in the U.S., it’s no wonder the Ninja 250R has been a strong seller for over a decade. Its successful blend of a rider-friendly engine, easy-to-operate chassis and supersport styling worthy of its Ninja moniker, this model was developed to offer real world performance to riders of all skill levels and goes to show that good things do come in small packages.

At the core of the lightweight Ninja 250R is an engine that thrives on high-rpm excitement. The gutsy 249cc parallel twin has been retuned to spice up its smooth and predictable power delivery. It now offers more low- and mid-range torque thanks to revisions to its dual overhead camshafts and a new 2-into-1 exhaust system. A silky smooth six-speed transmission tops off the sportbike equipment list, enabling the 250R to exploit a powerband that’s sure to please riders with its beginner friendly low-end grunt and a lively top-end rush that’ll keep seasoned veterans satisfied. The coup de’ grace, is its ability to deliver excellent fuel economy.

The 250R’s new fairing and windscreen not only look great, they deliver improved wind protection for a wide range of riding situations. This lightweight sportbike is loaded with even more rider-friendly features such as an easy-to-read instrument panel and positive neutral finder.

A natural riding position and comfortable ergonomics combined with its lightweight handling, easy controllability and improved throttle response make the 250R a pleasure to ride on city streets. Also new for 2008 are larger 17-inch wheels that offer great handling and improved stability. A larger 290mm front brake rotor is gripped by a powerful 2-piston caliper to provide a healthy dose of stopping power with a responsive feel at the lever. Like Kawasaki’s other sport models, the Ninja 250R is fitted with petal discs for efficient heat dissipation.

The simple formula of providing easy-handling agility, lightweight responsiveness, and low ownership costs make the Ninja 250R a force to be reckoned with in the entry-level sportbike category.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft and utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,500 independent retailers, with an additional 7,700 retailers specializing in power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 2,400 people in the United States, with 400 of them located at the Irvine, California headquarters.

Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll.™”, is recognized worldwide and the brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.

See less See more
#28 ·
Been looking at getting my son his first bike and he couldn't stand the look of the old 250. He was arguing with me, wanting a 600. I think once he sees this new 250 he will be more than happy to get one. Think I try to talk him into a green one and put monster graphics on it or a black one and try to make an se out of it. Damn I wouldn't mind one myself. he,he

#29 ·
Yeah it not being such and eye soar should definitely help sales!

#32 ·
:+1:

My ex-wife had one of the old ones. I felt like such a dork when I had to ride it for whatever reason. Felt like I needed a jacket with a sign on the the back that read:

My REAL bike is a ZX-10R!

I would not be ashamed to be seen on the new one though. :idea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.