Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are the cylinders walls nikasil plated?? was wondering if i should hone them as ive read some posts about not doing anything to them because of the special coating. im gettin ready to start redoing an 08 motor that i picked up. gonna lighten the crank and put je pistons in plus some other goodies. figure i ask before i get to that poiint

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
?
are the cylinders walls nikasil plated?? was wondering if i should hone them as ive read some posts about not doing anything to them because of the special coating. im gettin ready to start redoing an 08 motor that i picked up. gonna lighten the crank and put je pistons in plus some other goodies. figure i ask before i get to that poiint

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
They are nikasil but you should be able to hone them. Send it to Millenium http://mt-llc.com/ around $560 i think... They did my 04 cases. I would not lighting the crank, the stock crank puts the power down more "efficiently" than the lightened one, but that's just me though :thumbsup: Keep us posted.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
break down

well started breaking down the motor today and stopped after spliting the cases. spoke with millennium and they said i could use the aluminum oxide 240flexhone to deglaze the cylinders. just a couple of strokes though. heres some pics so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
crank

i would not lighten that crank, already lightened from o6-07, back close to 04-05 specs. tasos is right, lose too much inertia at start, between gears with this short stroke engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts