Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jamie hacking was clocked at 195 mph on daytonas front straightaway with no draft hell yeah baby !!!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
holy shit!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jamie hacking

they projected 5 mph plus in the draft and they are sill waiting for more motor parts from kawi but it needs a tire to handle all that hp

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
what were the zuks running?

Still not that competitive, sad to say the zx7r in its last year was more competitive than any of the 10r's have been. b-boz was the last real title threat, i hope things change

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts

Still not that competitive, sad to say the zx7r in its last year was more competitive than any of the 10r's have been. b-boz was the last real title threat, i hope things change
I think Hacking will be competitive as they get things sorted out through the season.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

:+1:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
They are for now, pongo....but according to the new organizers, they don't want people showing up to the races knowing who is going to win. They want at least 5 or 6 people capable of wining......I am not sure how they plan on doing this, but I think a tear down of the Suzy's is a good place to start!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
They are for now, pongo....but according to the new organizers, they don't want people showing up to the races knowing who is going to win. They want at least 5 or 6 people capable of wining......I am not sure how they plan on doing this, but I think a tear down of the Suzy's is a good place to start!!!
yup a damn good palce to start f'sho.

Hell when the Duc's were winning consistently in AMA they added weight to them for parity AND IT WORKED. WSBK may be headed this way in the not so distant future as the new 1098..errrr 1200cc duc has proven so far to be at a distinct advantage.

BD

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I can see this senario with the different displacement and engine configurations, but for christ sakes if they have to add weight to the zuks to make other 1000 cc fours competitive, thats not a good situation to be in for the other of the big 4. How much pride would you have in your 10R if you had to handicap a competing 1000cc bike to make yours competitive?

That whole deal is always one of the things I have thought about WSB that is bullshit, in a perfect world there would be one set of rules for all manufactures to follow, 1000 cc should mean 1000cc IMHO, twin, tripple, 4 cylinder whatever. But I can see why they do it, got to have those Ducatis, Apprillas and other boutique brands fighting it out with the Japanese bikes.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
they projected 5 mph plus in the draft and they are sill waiting for more motor parts from kawi but it needs a tire to handle all that hp
That and they said that the rear wheel was spinning on the oval portion of the track when the bike was pegged, so the riders had to let off the gas a little.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can see this senario with the different displacement and engine configurations, but for christ sakes if they have to add weight to the zuks to make other 1000 cc fours competitive, thats not a good situation to be in for the other of the big 4. How much pride would you have in your 10R if you had to handicap a competing 1000cc bike to make yours competitive?

That whole deal is always one of the things I have thought about WSB that is bullshit, in a perfect world there would be one set of rules for all manufactures to follow, 1000 cc should mean 1000cc IMHO, twin, tripple, 4 cylinder whatever. But I can see why they do it, got to have those Ducatis, Apprillas and other boutique brands fighting it out with the Japanese bikes.
oh hell yea !:+2:

·
Registered
448 Posts
yup a damn good palce to start f'sho.

Hell when the Duc's were winning consistently in AMA they added weight to them for parity AND IT WORKED. WSBK may be headed this way in the not so distant future as the new 1098..errrr 1200cc duc has proven so far to be at a distinct advantage.

BD
So are yall saying that before now, AMA didn't tare down motors after every race???? :dontknow: Not even the top 3... :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts