Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm just wondering has anybody put a .45 or.50 in an 08 ZX10, and if so can you run with 91 octane? tks

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I haven't heard anyone on here doing it yet but I'm sure you can run them no problem... I am running 13.5:1 pistons on high test. if you go from the stock 12.9:1 to say 13.3:1 you should be safe....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
08 head gasket.

I haven't heard anyone on here doing it yet but I'm sure you can run them no problem... I am running 13.5:1 pistons on high test. if you go from the stock 12.9:1 to say 13.3:1 you should be safe....
Ok tks, i'm hoping somebody with an 08 Chimes in as well. My pump gas here is only 91 i think you guys have 93.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if you put in a thinner gasket and degree stock cams or put a 04-07 exhaust cam in on exh side im sure you can pick up a few more hp... hard to say since i havent been inside one yet but I'm sure a good 5+ easy.... very easy

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you put in a thinner gasket and degree stock cams or put a 04-07 exhaust cam in on exh side im sure you can pick up a few more hp... hard to say since i havent been inside one yet but I'm sure a good 5+ easy.... very easy
Where are the cam gears available to degree the stock cams Garth? I was under the impression you couldn't do it with stock cam gears.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
no, you can, you unbolt the stock cam gears in their location and there's a slotted section you can move the bolts to.... you just have to mark the cams so you have your setting points when you install them...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh so they are slotted, that makes thing easier. any lift #s come to mind?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts