Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get a slip on and pc for my 08 when i can bear to part ways with the cash. Looking to get better midrange and sound out of it mostly. I don't like the slash cut exhaust either. Like the Yoshi TRC cf (carbon fiber), V & H Cs 1 black, Two brothers, I like the idea of the FMF cf but not too keen on the looks. Anyways love to hear opions. Do all the slip ons get rid of the pre muffler or no. And what about the exhaust valve as well do i rip out the cables for it. I'm just a novice trying to get a bead on things

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Want to get a slip on and pc for my 08 when i can bear to part ways with the cash. Looking to get better midrange and sound out of it mostly. I don't like the slash cut exhaust either. Like the Yoshi TRC cf (carbon fiber), V & H Cs 1 black, Two brothers, I like the idea of the FMF cf but not too keen on the looks. Anyways love to hear opions. Do all the slip ons get rid of the pre muffler or no. And what about the exhaust valve as well do i rip out the cables for it. I'm just a novice trying to get a bead on things
Level One Racing is really your only choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Level one drops the boom box and sounds good, doesn't keep the lower trim piece unless you do the mod. For the same price, if you like that look, you could get a dan moto carbon gp and find a used akra link that keeps the trim piece without having to make your own mount. The dan moto looks as good and is a little quiter than lor. Either one would work for about $300.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So if I buy an Akra link pipe will I have to email Dan moto and give them any particular specs or will their standard slip on for an 08 zx10r fit the Akra with no mods?

·
Registered
394 Posts
So if I buy an Akra link pipe will I have to email Dan moto and give them any particular specs or will their standard slip on for an 08 zx10r fit the Akra with no mods?
the link pipe is made to replace the boom box and will fit any (should) slip-on made to fit the 08+ 10R. Same dimensions link pipe/oem boom box. I'm loving my Dan Moto, 2000 miles and quality is hoding up nicely in every way. As with most pipes like these it's getting louder as it ages, but still quieter than the LOR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts