Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going to the strip quite a bit next season and wanted to get some opinions on giving a little more life to my clutch pack. Orient express has heavier springs available and Brocks has spacers for the same price. Or should I just be leaving it alone???

·
Registered
149 Posts
get you some valve springs from a Gsxr 1000 and swap out 3 of yours with them then put 1 or 2 washers behind each spring

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much stiffer are the Gsxr springs? and how thick of a washer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much stiffer are the Gsxr springs? and how thick of a washer?
the stock valve springs are alot stiffer then the clutch springs that come in it. and as for the washer we just throw some regular ones back there we never measure them to be honest . just go to lowes and find you some washers that will fit and throw them in !!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you can get a set of barnette clutch springs for about 26 bucks shipped directly from them they make them in 75, 85, and 100 lbs. the 100's are pretty crazy I'm actually running 3 of the 100's and 3 stocks in mine. you dont want some quieerzuki parts in your bike now do ya>??

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Not sure about the the 3rd gen 10's. Do they have 6 springs? Do the ZX6's still run 4 springs? If so, the 6R springs are probably heavier or at least slightly longer than the
10's. In 2000 I ran 3 of the 6R springs in my 12R and it was a good, low cost upgrade.

Might be worth looking into. Shouldn't be too hard to find out.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
the barnett stuff is working for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts