Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post...Please don't kick me out:badteeth:

A few months ago I decided it was time for a new toy and sold my '03 GSX-R1000. I've always had an eye on the GEN 1 ZX10's but with the fantastic deals ($6900 OTD) on the '08 CBR's I couldn't pass it up. I bought the CBR.

Well, about 3 weeks ago a moron in a Toyota ended my Honda's life by making a left in front of me. With the Honda totaled the insurance company just cut the check to pay off and I have a chance to decide which bike I want again.

I have to admit, I love the CBR. A great fit for me at 6'1" and 235lbs. It felt a little weak (in the motor dept.) compared to my GSXR when I first started riding it, but with only 500 miles on it at the drag strip the Honda went [email protected] (on a 1.83 60ft) This is 2 tenths and 2mph faster than I was able to do on my gixxer and I bet I could have went 10.0's or 9.90's with another couple sessions at the track. But the reputation of the ZX-10R and it's big ass motor really interests me. All I have ever heard about the GEN 1 is it's motor is a MONSTER.

I guess I'm curious...in a straight line is the GEN 1 quicker/faster than the '08 CBR with all things being equal? I'm sure the power delivery is EXPLOSIVE on the Kaw but will it get you there before the CBR? Say from 0-100 and 0-150mph?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Honestly....It's all in the delivery. Dynos have proven that while the gen ones are strong and light, the power to weight ratios stay pretty similar between all gens (keep adding power, and weight).

·
Registered
277 Posts
i have a gen 1 and it is an animal!!
but i would also love to have one of the new cbr 1000rr's too!
they are very nice bikes!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
That 08 CBR1000RR is a sweet bike. If you want a smooth all around bike get the CBR. If you want a kick you in the butt bike get the GEN I.

I like the CBR it's a nice bike. To 150MPH Gen I v.s CBR would be a close run!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a gen 2 zx10 and i have 2 friends with 06 cbr,s and they can ride wheels like its nothing but when it comes time to get down if i loose is becouse i let my tire spin off the line but still a nice bike tuff to.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why not just save your money and get more of these since apparently you too are a fan of 5.45!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that you mention it...yes I do:eek:ccasion1

But I don't discriminate...I just got done SBR'ing this 7.62x39

We like to call it the "flame thrower"

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Now that you mention it...yes I do:eek:ccasion1

But I don't discriminate...I just got done SBR'ing this 7.62x39

We like to call it the "flame thrower"

Thats what I'm talking about! I wish I lived in Texas. The muzzle rise on that biyatch must me crazy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
talk about a thread going off course:headshake

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
talk about a thread going off course:headshake
:iamwithst

my 1st gen pulled away fom my 07 CBR1000..... when i first got the CBR it seemed like it was hauling when i was out for my first ride, but my friend pulled up by me on my 10R and it was not too close... we did rolling starts in every gear just to compare and the 10R pulled in each gear....

dont get me wrong, the CBR was fun to wheelie and play around on... but my 1st Gen 10R just simply out powered it..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:iamwithst

my 1st gen pulled away fom my 07 CBR1000..... when i first got the CBR it seemed like it was hauling when i was out for my first ride, but my friend pulled up by me on my 10R and it was not too close... we did rolling starts in every gear just to compare and the 10R pulled in each gear....

dont get me wrong, the CBR was fun to wheelie and play around on... but my 1st Gen 10R just simply out powered it..
The '08 are faster than previous CBR's though, right?

·
Registered
124 Posts
From what I hear the 08's have more deliverable power and lower/mid but maybe a little less top from previous years. I'd say you already experienced the CBR, why not do something new? The Gen 1 is sweet, but if you don't like it, trade out of it and get another Honda.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts