Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at the new 250r, hopefully dealership will have a blue one soon. Anyway, my wife will be riding it most of time, but how would it run as for as gas mileage and speed with say 6' 1" 200 lbs on it if i wanted to ride it some?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
No problem. My city bike is a Honda CBR125R. A 250 will stay with highway speed traffic just fine.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
It'll probably still be able to go 100mph with you on it. Barely....

And like any vehicle, mpg will vary depending on how you ride it. But with your size and a steady 70 mph in 6th gear, I'd guess low 60s. Even winding it out a lot, you'll probably still be able to get mid-50 mpg. Shift early, shift often and 70 mpg shouldn't be out of question.

I want one of these also. Coin flip for me between the blue and the red.... I think I am going to wait until I see what kind of aftermarket support it has. And with gas prices creeping up, maybe we see other small sporty bikes imported into the US.

Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seriously thinking about getting my son one of these. I know I will be riding it some. he,he..... I talked to my dealer the other day and they said that they got one to 105. Not what I really wanted to hear for my son but still not bad for a 250.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one for myself for commuting, but I'd have to get a bumper sticker that says "My other bike is a 10"... :wink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Alrite looks like a done deal. Gonna try to get my boy one this week. Now we just need to figure out the color, leaning toward the green with monster graphics, and fitting him up with some gear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im kind of in that situation as well. I know most people on here say why do you even worry about the gas milage, but let's face it some of us have to! I drive 30+ miles to work one way everyday and that get's a bit expensive after awhile. I am leaning toward the blue one as well. However the only way I was able to get a go ahead from my woman was to basically say I was buying it more for her than me!!:lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ha,ha what ever it takes. The boy is due to have surgery on his leg in a month or two. Told him you know I gonna ride the crap out of that thing. He just looked at me and said well at least it will be broke in for me. LOL!:crackup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i cant wait to get mine(for my wife)... should be ready thursday... its look pretty fun!!! ill post pics asap...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
not sure yet... didnt to the paperwork... but i know i am paying 3500 for the bike... no dealers here will work with that... they cant keep em on the showroom floor

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one for myself for commuting, but I'd have to get a bumper sticker that says "My other bike is a 10"... :wink:
:crackup::+1:

guess you could say the 250's are a lot like big girls... fun to ride till ya get caught on one :mrgreen:

Yeah, im trying to talk my lady into one. i think we are going to take the abate class together to see if she really wants to ride first. would be cool to have another bike to ride to work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts