Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting that itch to mod my bike a little. I've had it for 8 months now and getting to the point where I want to tinker a little. As of now, Ive only got an M4 slip on and a windscreen. Already planned is levers, Im perfectly happy with the stock suspension, Ive got good tires, but Im looking to add a little power. Nothing too serious, just for playing around. What kinda stuff are you fella doing to your bikes, what works, whats useless?

·
Registered
332 Posts
-1/+2 on your sprockets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill look into that for sure. Right now, Im checking into BMC race filter, TRE, and velocity stacks. I just want more overall power, but I guess if I have to focus on 1 spot in the powerband Id say top end. TRE from what I understand is only low end and would do nothing for me in overall numbers or top end correct? Plus you loose you gear indicator dont you? Stacks, Im only familiar with them on an R1, not a Zx10.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-1/+2 on your sprockets.
Im against sprockets, my buddy with a 10 10R has the same setup as me except for -1 on the front. Its ok, but he lost a little top end and I dont want to loose that. Pending what speed we start at, he can get a little jump out but I catch him up top.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
None of the mods you mentioned will do anything for you with your current setup.

You'll keep your gear indicator in the dash if you get the X-TRE, but it won't gain you any power, just throttle response, mainly in the lower gears. Stacks are a waste of $$$ as well as the BMC race filter unless you add a Power Commander and get it properly tuned for that setup. If you want something quick, easy, and to add power with what you got, then just spend the money to re-flash the ECU.

·
Registered
332 Posts
And the -1/+2 sprockets are going to be the best bang for your buck as well when it comes to acceleration. Ya you lose a little up top but how often are you going to be goin 165 MPH +.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bikes got 7000 miles on it so itll be needing a filter soon so why not get a good one. Im doing alot thinking about a pc. I have to get it tuned for sure, only 1 good tuner i know of though. Still a little nervous about getting that much into it cuz of my r1 blowing up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
With just a slip on and Air Filter, a tune is not going to help you out that much. You have to think the PC is 275-300 and another 250-300 for the actual tune. Its not worth it until you get a full system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With just a slip on and Air Filter, a tune is not going to help you out that much. You have to think the PC is 275-300 and another 250-300 for the actual tune. Its not worth it until you get a full system.
Thats what i was thinking. I guess i need to give this alot more thought. Full exhaust and pc may be what ill do eventually after R1 is rebuilt. About how many miles before i should need a new filter, stock one is still in it as far as i know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the -1/+2 sprockets are going to be the best bang for your buck as well when it comes to acceleration. Ya you lose a little up top but how often are you going to be goin 165 MPH +.
Do i honestly have to answer that? Lol. We do have a couple areas around my way where you can do that. That actually makes me wonder, how the heck can my speedo read 189? I know its not actually doing it, the gps died so i didnt get a reading last time i did it. But shouldnt the ecu be telling the bike not to go past 186? The ecu sees the same speed the speedo does right? Hows it possible?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
My thoughts..update your gear if its old..have suspension set up or study atleast..do a track school if possible,better than mods and you learn way more..
Any or all of the pwr upgrades will need tuneing..if u go v stacks,full system and bmc may as well say f it and do full ecu flash ..its costly but if your gonna go that route do it right the 1st time....I think you said 7000 mi..Tires???
Last idea is just bling that suits u..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My thoughts..update your gear if its old..have suspension set up or study atleast..do a track school if possible,better than mods and you learn way more..
Any or all of the pwr upgrades will need tuneing..if u go v stacks,full system and bmc may as well say f it and do full ecu flash ..its costly but if your gonna go that route do it right the 1st time....I think you said 7000 mi..Tires???
Last idea is just bling that suits u..
I just got new tires, the stock ones wore pretty quick, didnt like them anyway. Flash ecu OR pc, or do they both go together? Flashin it is just retuning it right? Making it more aggressive I guess?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts