Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I picked up one yesterday (black 08) and i'm really loving it. I had 2 questions for ya'll.

1) Is there a jumper mod on the 08 10R?

2) I saw the servo motor and the line that goes into the exhaust muffler, I imagine this is to control the butterfly valve to keep the exhaust quieter. Can i snip this wire? Will it make any diff?

Thanks!

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
No need to cut those wires just loosen them up with the adjusters and remove them from servo. Also leave the servo pluged in so you don't get the FI light.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotcha, thanks alien10. Another question, is that butterfly valve in the exhaust there for "noise" reasons only? Also, should I remove the wire as is on the bike, or should i turn it on first (to accessories) so the valve moves?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
gotcha, thanks alien10. Another question, is that butterfly valve in the exhaust there for "noise" reasons only? Also, should I remove the wire as is on the bike, or should i turn it on first (to accessories) so the valve moves?
Noise purposes only. Just remove the lines from the servo - the valve will be left in the open position.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, thanks for the info man, i'm gonna try it out soon.

So, about the jumper mod, does that not apply to the 10R?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the exhaust valve, the manual states that the servo controls the valve in the exhaust pipe and produces "stable engine power at low and middle engine speed". That denotes that its more than just a noise controller, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
171 Posts
i yanked my whole can off and now use it for a boat anchor the bike did loose a lil low torque below 6000 rpms but who needs power there it seamed to gain some hp up top and a lil noise

but you don't really need it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts